At last the van is finished ... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Kev Dub

Kev Dub

Free Member
Jan 27, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Volkswagen colorado
Exp
If it's a modern one it will chromed plastic for that very reason
Laws on nudge/bull bars changed a few years ago and must break off on impact.
Negates their original purpose but that's European directives for you.

Correct. It is indeed fitted with plastic ends..sturdy but nevertheless plastic, they will snap on impact. Not really much else to say about it to be honest.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Wow.gif
Only just seen the photo. Great looking Mo-Ho. You have every right to be proud of it. Well done!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kev Dub

Kev Dub

Free Member
Jan 27, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Volkswagen colorado
Exp
Nice job.
Ignore the nea-sayer's, they have little else to do and love the attention their negativity draws.
:reel:.
Selling any of your plates?
Spud

Thanks Spud much appreciated. Unfortunately when I sold my last van I forgot to remove the next plate to this one and sold it with the van. Ironic really cos I had the pair for sale for 4 years with no takers. :ROFLMAO:

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Thanks Spud much appreciated. Unfortunately when I sold my last van I forgot to remove the next plate to this one and sold it with the van. Ironic really cos I had the pair for sale for 4 years with no takers. :ROFLMAO:

Sod's law.

Is it a paint job on your MH or graphics?

Spud

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Lovely van. Hope you have many happy miles and nights in it.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Love the van,I'd have a vw over a fiat/Peugeot trouble is couldn't find the layout I wanted .

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Lovely van, enjoy it now it's complete, obviously spent a lot of time and money
Excellent job

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well done , you've made it personal to you and I love that amongst all the white vans! Easily spotted in a rally of 100 s of lookie likie vans After a few beers Enjoy your travels

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
So should the parents. Too much blame is placed on motorists for pedestrians of any age jay walking.

Not necessarily as stainless steel bull bars , side bars are all perfectly legal & carry EU homologation certificates & stickers. Removal of the sticker is the same as removing/having an illegible or no towbar certification plate in all EU states except the UK.

Yes & all Cobra stainless steel bars carry EU certification.

Road safety is everyone's responsibility. Be it vehicle manufacturers, motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Anything that comprises the safety of pedestrians, purely for the sake of vanity should, in my opinion be banned.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Road safety is everyone's responsibility. Be it vehicle manufacturers, motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Anything that comprises the safety of pedestrians, purely for the sake of vanity should, in my opinion be banned.
So i take it you don't like the van?

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
"Road safety is everyone's responsibility. Be it vehicle manufacturers, motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Anything that comprises the safety of pedestrians, purely for the sake of vanity should, in my opinion be banned."

Says the man with an old VW on the top of his van

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
"Road safety is everyone's responsibility. Be it vehicle manufacturers, motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Anything that comprises the safety of pedestrians, purely for the sake of vanity should, in my opinion be banned."

Says the man with an old VW on the top of his van
It's a classic that is !

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
(y)(y)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I am genuinely sorry for the negativity this has caused. If the moderators feel they want to lock, move or delete it's fine by me.
You shouldn't have to apologise.
You have done a great job and should be proud of your efforts.
Just like knives and guns, the bull bar is an inanimate object. It is down to the user to ensure that it doesn't cause harm. Drive on any road and look at the lorries with towing eyes sticking out especially on tippers to see that there is a potential to cause more harm. Also vehicles with winches fitted are similarly unforgiving.
Driving a little slower will prevent more serious injuries than anything else because no matter how 'pedestrian friendly' vehicles are it's not always the contact with the vehicle that causes the greatest damage but being bounced through the air and hitting the road.
You can't seriously ban everything because it could cause more harm unless the chance of contact with the object is likely to occur.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Some are softer and rounded to minimalise damage to pedestrians.
Yup, can vouch for that Borr,,,
I got hit by a "child friendly" bumper (it was doing about 40 klicks at the time) when I woz eleven,,, it was made of marshmallow so didn't do me no harm at all,,,
it woz the metal stuff that the marshmallow wos attached to that squished me flat,,, killed me instantly,?!!! ;):eek:

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am genuinely sorry for the negativity this has caused. If the moderators feel they want to lock, move or delete it's fine by me.
Look yew ear Borr,,, ya van issa peach an yew shld be well proud on'ut.
Don go payun no mind to them negative old furkurs,,, no madder wot'tur subjuct Borr thall allays bee'your misrabull old git whu'll vent thar sore arse on'ut.
Jus egnor em Borr and enjoy ya lovlee van. (y)

Best wishers from James & Angie dunear in Los Canos Del Meca, Cadiz Region.... Blue skies and 25 degrees.:)

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Best wishers from James & Angie dunear in Los Canos Del Meca, Cadiz Region.... Blue skies and 25 degrees.:)[/QUOTE]

Don't rub it in we will all want to come out there .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

I would agree if first the pedestrians did anything to help themsleves, which they don't . We need to educate them with banning the use of mobiles whilst walking, along with headphones , talking & not concentrating , reading, etc ?
Pedestrians are , & always have been , me included , their own worst enemies.
When I'm illegally crossing the road/taking chances,/on the phone /talking , etc; & the accident happens ,I know whose fault it is .......mine.:)

Take no notice , the van is excellent. You do not see many 'C's based on the T4/5. I remember the zebra one over on the vw forum but believe he has sold it now.
I only came across one whilst looking on a Spanish site on Sunday.

OP
OP
Kev Dub

Kev Dub

Free Member
Jan 27, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Volkswagen colorado
Exp
I would agree if first the pedestrians did anything to help themsleves, which they don't . We need to educate them with banning the use of mobiles whilst walking, along with headphones , talking & not concentrating , reading, etc ?
Pedestrians are , & always have been , me included , their own worst enemies.
When I'm illegally crossing the road/taking chances,/on the phone /talking , etc; & the accident happens ,I know whose fault it is .......mine.:)

Your right there was a zebra one. Can't remember if it was a Colorado or not but it was a very tidy van.

Take no notice , the van is excellent. You do not see many 'C's based on the T4/5. I remember the zebra one over on the vw forum but believe he has sold it now.
I only came across one whilst looking on a Spanish site on Sunday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back