Are you this easily pleased or is it just me (again) (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We are going away next weekend, only a few days and mainly running repairs, we also have a bottled gas delivery due this week for our holiday let, so decided to turn the MH round and get it closer to the house ready to load and leave better access to the gas bottle area

Even just going to the key pot for the MH keys I felt a cosy feeling come over me, went out and started it (first turn) but it is kept on permanent hook up so no real surprise there, immediately felt like I was on holiday, thoughts of recent trips, and next trip to France, my mind became full of memories and expectations

Probably drove it a total of 100 yds but loved every inch, (apart from noticing the brakes are binding:(), need to decide if it just needs using more or servicing before we go to France in February, next weekend will be the decider on that

So, that's it, another crap post by me hey @dabhand :):), nothing other than telling you I feel good and that the motorhome and memories of using it make me feel that way (y)

really looking forward to another year meeting old friends, even you Simon (y) and making new friends

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We are going away next weekend, only a few days and mainly running repairs, we also have a bottled gas delivery due this week for our holiday let, so decided to turn the MH round and get it closer to the house ready to load and leave better access to the gas bottle area

Even just going to the key pot for the MH keys I felt a cosy feeling come over me, went out and started it (first turn) but it is kept on permanent hook up so no real surprise there, immediately felt like I was on holiday, thoughts of recent trips, and next trip to France, my mind became full of memories and expectations

Probably drove it a total of 100 yds but loved every inch, (apart from noticing the brakes are binding:(), need to decide if it just needs using more or servicing before we go to France in February, next weekend will be the decider on that

So, that's it, another crap post by me hey @dabhand :):), nothing other than telling you I feel good and that the motorhome and memories of using it make me feel that way (y)

really looking forward to another year meeting old friends, even you Simon (y) and making new friends
Know exactly how you feel David. .I get stir crazy and have to keep going out and doing something to the van. Cant wait to really get on the move properly in April ..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Your NOT sad... However,if you catch yourselves looking at your reflection when driving past shop windows.... THATS when you are...SAD!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I only did it when in the lorry,to check the load was still on,and the sheets were tidy.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi.
Your NOT sad... However,if you catch yourselves looking at your reflection when driving past shop windows.... THATS when you are...SAD!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I only did it when in the lorry,to check the load was still on,and the sheets were tidy.
Tea Bag
Hhmm ! hhmmm. .of course you did . Lol

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Sometimes I have to pretend there are thing need doing to ours, I then go over to a cold storage shed just to spend a little "quality time".

Martin

i did just that this afternoon,i drove over to the storage facility to check out he moho and it just puts this big cheesy grin on my face ,i turned on the gas,then the heating ,i put the kettle on and sat back in the captain chair ,sitting there thinking about travels done and travels to be done

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I even sleep in it on the drive sometimes to get the buzz!!
Used to treat mine like an annex to the house, especially when working weekend nightshifts, it was better to sleep outside in the van, rather than listening to step kids trying to be quiet in the house while I tried to sleep.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
i did just that this afternoon,i drove over to the storage facility to check out he moho and it just puts this big cheesy grin on my face ,i turned on the gas,then the heating ,i put the kettle on and sat back in the captain chair ,sitting there thinking about travels done and travels to be done
All mouse clear now?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Used to treat mine like an annex to the house, especially when working weekend nightshifts, it was better to sleep outside in the van, rather than listening to step kids trying to be quiet in the house while I tried to sleep.
Yes ours was used as a quiet sleep over with a household full of family!!

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just had my happy status reduced back to normality, from my seat in the house I routinely look out into the garden and yard which is lit by a sodium light, but not tonight, total darkness :(

we have been having issues with an outside socket that trips the power occasionally, so put shoes on to go to where the trip occurs, go out of door, yard floodlit like normal o_O

Daft sod, someone has only gone and moved my MH and parked it so I cant see the yard light o_Oo_O(y)

back to the beer :):)

Last edited:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
January is a bit of a dull month for us ,Kes has her own accounting business and its 7 day weeks for her untill midnight 31st , we will be going to the peak district again in feb for 6 days. the weather might and most probably will be pants but,ill trade 6 days in the moho for 6 days working anytime:)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Are you kidding me, I can't wait to get the MH moving. Like @laird of Dunstan January is a fraught time for me. I'm not an accountant, but all my customers are, I am pretty much on 24/7 standby in January.
That said, tomorrow I get to crank up the van and head out to Cornish Farm and visit Mr. Bitz. Granted I will be working whilst he is, but already I can't wait to get into the van! :D

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Sat reading this thread on the last night in our hotel in Lanzarote.

You have now started me thinking on where we can go next in our motorhome.

We have the Tunnel booked for mid February for a trip to Alsace.

We also have the tunnel booked for the trip out to our French base at the end of March.

In April we will head down to the South of France for a few days and in May we will start out following the Pilgrim's Route to Santiago de Compestella.

Doesn't seem nearly enough. Must try harder!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

You can be very cuttingDavid I didn't suggest your posts were crap I merely intimated you seemed bored! Anyhow time to wash the egg cups:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back