Application for foreign birth registration approved!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
You may want to consider doing an ancestry DNA test, if you create a family tree on ancestry you may find distant cousins who's trees will fill in the gaps. Family history is a hobby of mine and I've filled a lot of gaps in my tree by this method.
Two of my cousins have done the family tree, no idea what they found but neither will let anyone, even own siblings, see them.
Am in several minds about DNA a lot of illegitimacy in both sides of my family, might be opening a can of worms.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
So I’m supposed to apply on line for an Irish passport! So I filled in the “form” paid the 115 euros (for the passport, ID card and delivery) AND they still want 8 pieces of ID including the newly issued FBR certificate AND my UK passport!!!
For fckks sake😐

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
So I’m supposed to apply on line for an Irish passport! So I filled in the “form” paid the 115 euros (for the passport, ID card and delivery) AND they still want 8 pieces of ID including the newly issued FBR certificate AND my UK passport!!!
For fckks sake😐
Eight pieces of ID seems an awful lot! They're really not sure about you are they!

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
For fckks sake😐
I'm sure I only needed 4 pieces when I applied plus documents for my Dad. I'm sure I never sent off my British Passport either.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well I’ve done it!
Sent away my application for an Irish passport. Had to send my uk passport too so can’t go abroad until I get it back 😐
The post office lady said they are getting a lot of Irish passport applications being sent back undelivered!!!!!!! So I sent it registered and tracked and when it gets to Ireland it’s tracked anyway so fingers and toes crossed!
Paddy (aka gingernuts)🤪

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As many will know Portugal is not my favourite country 🙄😐
Clearly not that many.

The fact is with my passport i can travel where i wish for as long as i choose... which of course is the benefit of my passport... as is the benefit of an Irish passport

Upvote 0

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
For fckks sake😐
I know, I was surprised I had to send ALL the paperwork off again. I had the passport and all the documents back in 3 weeks though, so a lot shorter wait.

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Used to have a Portuguese wife 😕

My dad has a Portuguese wife and has done for 60 years this year.

My uncle Michael who is Irish, has a Portuguese wife, my mums sister for 65 years this year..

Maybe the person you married, Not the country, 1000s of funsters can't all be wrong..
Good luck with your travels

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well my application for an Irish passport has arrived in Dublin.👍
But what a load of crap the Royal Mail tracking service is. It took 2days to get to Heathrow then nothing for four days then after 5 days it arrived as if by magic no history of its passage no arrived at … or left uk or arrived in Ireland delivered to passport office etc 😐

Upvote 0

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
My granny (dads mum) was born near Larne, norn iron ( both passed away now)
It was only through this site that I investigated and found out I was entitled to an Irish passport 😁😁😁
Well done and congratulations, I have been thinking of doing the same thing, as I have Irish grand parents any information how I would go about doing this would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well done and congratulations, I have been thinking of doing the same thing, as I have Irish grand parents any information how I would go about doing this would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hi yes I’ll help if I can 😁
The important words are “foreign birth registration” an Irish birth certificate (for you) if you will (Google it) this is the first step but be warned it used to be 9 months for the Irish to complete it. It’s now longer 😐
You will need copies of your grandparents birth, marriage and death certificates( if applicable)
You will need birth,marriage and death certificates of the parent who is the Irish descendant.
You’ll also need your own birth and marriage certificates.
You fill out the form pay your money and wait 9months or more to get a fbr certificate ONLY THEN you can apply for an Irish passport which should take 10 working days simples lol
FBR cost me about £200 and the passport cost me about £150.
Alex

Upvote 0

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
The important words are “foreign birth registration” an Irish birth certificate (for you) if you will (Google it) this is the first step but be warned it used to be 9 months for the Irish to complete it. It’s now longer 😐
You will need copies of your grandparents birth, marriage and death certificates( if applicable)
You will need birth,marriage and death certificates of the parent who is the Irish descendant.
You fill out the form pay your money and wait 9months or more to get a fbr certificate ONLY THEN you can apply for an Irish passport which should take 10 working days simples lol
Alex
Thanks for the information very helpful.
Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Alex
Thanks for the information very helpful.
Cheers
Nae bother 👍

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar 202
My mother was Irish so de facto amazingly I am a Irish Citizen - was a reasonably straightforward process despite my Birth Certificate and my known names not matching, as was my Grandfather, and my Mum being known officially as either Nora or Hanora. Took about three months in all - think I wore them out 😂

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
What's involved in registering at a Foreigners Office or whatever it might be called if staying in the EU over 90 days on an Irish passport.
I've been trying to find Irish ancestry and got as far back as my great, great, great, great, great , great, great, great, great, great great, great, great grandad but still only fond Scots but not giving up yet :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Latest update:-
Passport issue date (8/3/24) has come and gone!
no new information on tracking facility so had a web chat this morning.
My application has not been assigned to anyone yet!!!
Nothing to do except wait😐
ps as the Irish govt has my uk passport as well I can’t go anywhere!!!!! 🙄

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
It’s official, you can call me Paddy 🥳🥳🥳😎

IMG_1823.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria compact sl
Great isn’t it!!! 👍🏻

We left UK beginning of Sept ‘23, due back early June… (we flew back home for 20 days over Christmas)

A few months in the UK whilst everyone else goes to Europe, then back at it from late Aug ‘24…. It’s a tough existence.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria compact sl
Great isn’t it!!! 👍🏻

We left UK beginning of Sept ‘23, due back early June… (we flew back home for 20 days over Christmas)

A few months in the UK whilst everyone else goes to Europe, then back at it from late Aug ‘24…. It’s a tough existence. 🤪🤣
We’re thinking of doing similar but where did you leave the van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back