Another batch of cheap 3 broadband sims. (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I bought one just before they went off not bothered if he doesn't send them ebay covers if not credit card!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Has lots of positive feedback for sim cards sold previously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could be that he's actually on holiday so whilst the sims are available to buy he can't guarantee that he'll send them out as quickly as his other items normally are - has he got anything else on at the moment?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
N
It could be that he's actually on holiday so whilst the sims are available to buy he can't guarantee that he'll send them out as quickly as his other items normally are - has he got anything else on at the moment?
Nothing at all on now, if he's on holiday how was he taking the offers?
Not knocking it if it comes , just seems suspicious to my useualy cautious mind, and even if they do come , it's going to be a year before you know if they are working.:(

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Other than the inconvenience of ordering and not receiving them the Ebay money back guarantee ensures you get your full money refunded, good job too as I have 6 sim packs ordered. I recently had to use Paypal to get a full refund on a snooper gps system as the company I bought it from more or less said tuff luck and F**k off when I requested a refund. Paypal sorted it out in a week with a full refund.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
N

Nothing at all on now, if he's on holiday how was he taking the offers?

You can set parameters so that offers are automatically accepted, declined or countered depending on the amount the prospective buyer puts in. Or you can log into your eBay account from any internet connection and do the same.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
How have you managed that , the listing had gone at half past five?

Even though the listing finished Hilldwellers offer will have still been active (I think for about 48 hours from when he put it in) for the seller to accept or decline.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
He's got mine:( useualy I wouldn't have touched a deal like this and if I hadn't seen all you getting one I would have looked into him a bit more before ,instead of doing it and then looking, somethings not right with this

Nor would I, and have the same feeling..

by the time two weeks pass he may well have gone.. eBay account deleted..

have emailed him asking why it takes over 2 weeks to deliver a sim card .... not expecting a reply

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a snotty reply.. but still doesn't explain why it takes so long..

Hi,

The dispatch time of 10 working days was clearly stated on the listing. I'm so sorry if you did not read or fully understand this.

If you do not want to wait, you can request to cancel the order.

Thanks.

Kevin

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
If you go to EBay, my eBay, purchase history, click on the listing you bought, go down to the bottom left hand side to business seller information. Click on contact details and you will see the sellers name, address & tel no. In Ramsgate.
It has said .on all three 'batches' that hie has sold that they will be posted ten days after they are paid for.
PayPal has a money back guarantee.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you go to EBay, my eBay, purchase history, click on the listing you bought, go down to the bottom left hand side to business seller information. Click on contact details and you will see the sellers name, address & tel no. In Ramsgate.
It has said .on all three 'batches' that hie has sold that they will be posted ten days after they are paid for.
PayPal has a money back guarantee.

yes, well aware of all that.. but why 10 days to post a sim ?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Could be a thousand reasons. Perhaps he is flat-bound and has to rely on someone else to post them. Perhaps he is printing off the postage via PayPal and has to wait until our money has cleared before he can do this?

As he says it did say in the listing that it would be ten days before they were posted.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you didn't like the terms then you shouldn't have bought one ... simple as that! There's no risk to buyers as Paypal will refund if needs be so I can't for the life of me understand why so many of you are getting hot and flustered about a sim card!

If you are subsequently having second thoughts and are unhappy with the terms then request a refund and pay more for one elsewhere which you can have in your grubby little hands sooner, or wait and get it cheaper.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
yes, well aware of all that.. but why 10 days to post a sim ?
Does it really matter? That's what it said on the listing so it wasn't misleading in anyway ... he's sending them out when he wants to, it may simply be that he does this as a side business and works away for part of the week so not at home to then dispatch ... I'm sure we can come up with all manner of reasons for the length of posting time, but it won't make a jot of difference ... you'll get them within 10 days, if not then get your money back.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Does it really matter? That's what it said on the listing so it wasn't misleading in anyway ... he's sending them out when he wants to, it may simply be that he does this as a side business and works away for part of the week so not at home to then dispatch ... I'm sure we can come up with all manner of reasons for the length of posting time, but it won't make a jot of difference ... you'll get them within 10 days, if not then get your money back.
On iPad eBay the posting time wasn't displayed, it just said first class mail, you had to open another box for the details, which I didn't see till I had paid, also I am not worried , just expressing that it doesn't seem right, and your explanation doesn't stand up that he only sends them in a certain part of the week as everyone has a different date , ten days away from when bought.
And I will say again I'm not worried about it just saying its a strange way of doing business.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It may be that it is UP TO 10 days, so if he sends them out in batches some may get them earlier, anyway, this thread is now just going round in circles so I'm off to read something else.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Does it really matter?

NO it doesn't really matter provided they are delivered and working..

.. but it's an odd way to do business and like @chaser didn't see the 10 day dispatch time until I'd ordered..

you can make a hundred excuses but none stand up to scrutiny .. either he has the sims or he doesn't.. and if he has, why not pop them in the mail..

Paypal payments are instant, there is no delay.. so in effect he is holding hundreds of pounds of other peoples money .. by my estimate at least £2k .. interest free

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
NO it doesn't really matter provided they are delivered and working..

.. but it's an odd way to do business and like @chaser didn't see the 10 day dispatch time until I'd ordered..

you can make a hundred excuses but none stand up to scrutiny .. either he has the sims or he doesn't.. and if he has, why not pop them in the mail..

Paypal payments are instant, there is no delay.. so in effect he is holding only hundreds of pounds of other peoples money .. by my estimate at least £2k .. interest free
Spot on(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh for goodness sake ... it must be a conspiracy then ... I bet you believe the moon landing never took place either!!! :rolleyes:

If you are both sooooooooo unhappy about the seller, rather than the product, why not complain to Ebay that he's scamming you then! :rolleyes:

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
With Paypal there is an option to pay after delivery, paypal pays the vendor immediately but does not debit your account for 14 days, that is the way I pay for items on Ebay and through Paypal. If it is a con then there is no issue as Ebay/Paypal returns the money to you, there is nothing to worry about as you are protected. JMTW (y)

paypal.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back