Another batch of cheap 3 broadband sims. (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have a contract with o2 unlimited calls and texts and 2 gb data a month £9.77(y):)
Well I presume this only lasts for one month but there's a three sim here wit 12 gb plus 3000 mins and texts for £20
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=152122454578&globalID=EBAY-GB
I may be wrong but your contract and the SIM are for phones aren't they?
The subject of this thread (and similar ones) is a mobile broadband SIM, data only for use in MiFi devices.
The phone companies are able to detect when a phone SIM is used in a MiFi device and block it because such use is not what is intended.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The subject of this thread (and similar ones) is a mobile broadband SIM, data only for use in MiFi devices.
The phone companies are able to detect when a phone SIM is used in a MiFi device and block it because such use is not what is intended.
I can use my phone for tethering on o2 which you can't do with three, which makes it a mifi device(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

The real beauty of the three deal is the 'feel at home' element where you can use your mifi to create a wifi zone inside your vehilce in France, Spain etc etc. you can therefore enjoy good internet (mostly) at no extra cost.

O2 do a £1.99/ day deal but that soon racks up when your going for a couple of months.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So has anybody bought one and found it to work in the same way as one bought from a three shop?

seems suspiciously cheap to me......

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So has anybody bought one and found it to work in the same way as one bought from a three shop?

seems suspiciously cheap to me......
Probably nicked somewhere along the way but no reason they won't work(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The real beauty of the three deal is the 'feel at home' element where you can use your mifi to create a wifi zone inside your vehilce in France, Spain etc etc. you can therefore enjoy good internet (mostly) at no extra cost.

O2 do a £1.99/ day deal but that soon racks up when your going for a couple of months.
There's a flaw in that - we don't take our vehicle outside the UK ;):D

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There's a flaw in tat - we don't take our vehicle outside the UK ;):D
Then don't use the 3 deal :D.

But for those of us that are a bit more adventurous and do (and there are plenty) it is ideal, hence why these threads pop up. And you don't even need to take your vehicle abroad, you can still take the mifi, as we are doing for our trip to the USA starting next week. Now that is really saving us money.

Reactions: GJH

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suspect the sims were being 'dumped' by '3' as more and more people go over to contracts, either 12/24 month or 30 day rolling, hence why they're getting cheaper and are being sold on Ebay by traders who've bought a job lot so got them cheap.

Oh ... hubby bought the last 2!:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine is a rolling 28 day contract it can be cancelled with 28 days notice at any time. I use it as a spare and for tethering skype to my tablet. Sounds a much better deal than this ebay sim.(y)
You're talking chalk and cheese ... for those of us who just want a mobile broadband sim for a bit of internet, mainly abroad, why would we want to pay £20 a month when paying LESS than that give us sufficient internet over a year for our needs?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not sure what the attraction is......I have a sim from Three that cost under £20 a month and gives me calls texts and unlimited broadboard, or am I missing something.o_O
Is that abroad as well as uk Buttons,,? BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Is that abroad as well as uk Buttons,,? BUSBY.
The unlimited broadband isn't permitted abroad, I think you're allowed to use up to 12gb per month.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is phones4u stuff still lying about, plus comet, and now bhs, and other shops gone, probably john pye got some if you can be bothered trawling through the catalog.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not sure what the attraction is......I have a sim from Three that cost under £20 a month and gives me calls texts and unlimited broadboard, or am I missing something.o_O
I payg for my calls and spend about £4 a month the sim is used in a mifi for wifi while we are away so about £78 a year rather than £240

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I payg for my calls and spend about £4 a month the sim is used in a mifi for wifi while we are away so about £78 a year rather than £240
Will a pag phone sim work in a mifi? Thought you couldn't tether

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It may but you'll get caught and terminated ... they can tell if you try to use a phone sim in a mifi, they can also tell if you are tethering when you're not allowed to!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It depends on the SIM and the tariff. We still have a SIM on the old 3Pay tariff which was originally used in a dongle before transferring it to a 3G MiFi and then a 4G MiFi. I don't know what checking Three do but we only use it when we are away and we hardly ever use all of the 2GB we get for a fiver in a 2 or 3 week trip so I suspect that, because we aren't abusing it by using massive amounts, it comes below the radar of needing control.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
12g That would take some using in a month MinxyGirl...:)
Not if you do a lot of downloading etc - music, films, watching TV programmes ... I don't but I know some people who would use that easily in a week!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not if you do a lot of downloading etc - music, films, watching TV programmes ... I don't but I know some people who would use that easily in a week!
Well there you go MaxyGirl I think they will have to look at another service provider. How about Virgin....(y). My Virgin router gives me unlimited usage at 150mbs all signing and dancing system. It even gives me mobile TV. Mobile phone broadband has its place but if you require more than 12gb a month then there are plenty of options.;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well there you go MaxyGirl I think they will have to look at another service provider. How about Virgin....(y). My Virgin router gives me unlimited usage at 150mbs all signing and dancing system. It even gives me mobile TV. Mobile phone broadband has its place but if you require more than 12gb a month then there are plenty of options.;)
... ONLY if you've got access to BT and all the offers that come with from providers ... here in the Hull area we're stuffed!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
... ONLY if you've got access to BT and all the offers that come with from providers ... here in the Hull area we're stuffed!
Hull city of culture 2017....they'll have to get that sorted.;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back