Amazon fire stick with Kodi free tv

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Sep 11, 2015.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

purchased one of these, similar to this one
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321858660628&globalID=EBAY-GB
    Although mine was local and cheaper, it is the most fantastic piece of kit I've ever seen for the money, every film you can think of can be found on it, all TV from all over the world but best of all to me every premiership football game live on a Saturday, maybe foreign commentary but hey , for free who's complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

Oh , if you are wondering why it's in motorhome chat , I'm hoping it's going to work in the van if we can get some decent wifi(y):)

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

A quick look at the kodo forum suggests some of those add ons, such as 1 channel and genesis and probably others are effectively streaming illegal pirated material. Scroll down to the add on blacklist section on here. http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

Just thought I would point this out so folk know what they are getting. :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

This refers to 'discussing' these add-ons on the KODI forum;)

The whole point of KODI is to stream everything for free and stop loading Murdoch's pockets(y) (...they just can't 'condone' it !!!)

Otherwise - why bother:)

FYI - the one posted above is a bit dear - I bought this recently - works a treat (as long as you have unlimited decent BB or WIFI:cool:)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391223652088?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Bit slow on this one Chaser !!!
    I dumped my Android boxes ages ago and have 3 Firestick in the house..
    Going to get a Firebox next when there is an offer on, my wifi is a bit hit and miss in area's, even with extenders etc.
    So going for a box and a wired connection.. :)

6. chaser

chaser Funster

Fully agree with the above , if you just want Amazon films and TV channels which should also work abroad you can get the fire stick without Kodi for £35 direct from Amazon here

7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

whats the adult content like? @chaser (honestly not a trick question:D)

• Like Like x 2
  8. chaser

chaser Funster

You are spot on tonka , il always be grateful for the info you gave me on android boxes months ago, and been useing Kodi on a nexus 7 but these things are something else.

9. chaser

chaser Funster

I know you won't believe me:) but I havnt tried it a lot but what I've seen are pretty xxx.

• Like Like x 3
  10. chaser

chaser Funster

In all honesty I only got Kodi in android boxes , on android tablets and now on firestick for the football , pretty much everything else I watch on the TV , I can get on normal channels, but now I have got the firestick it just blows your mind what you can pick up on it , and as to being illegal maybe it is a grey area but if someone in Russia can watch premier football surely we can.

11. jezport

jezport Funster

You can download kodi onto most devices for free. If you have an android phone you can use it then cast onto a suitable TV. Or run it on a windows laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

Chaser,
    Where did you buy your (cheaper one) and how much was it?
    Thanks

13. chaser

chaser Funster

Got it from a bloke in uttoxeter, he's on eBay but a bit hit and miss when he's got them, I got it at his door for £47.

• Like Like x 1
  14. chaser

chaser Funster

You are quite right this is in fact what I have done before , I got a cheap android tablet from China with a sim slot , put in a three 321 sim with the euro add on so got all you can eat data and it easily streamed TV and films in France , if you have a tablet and want Kodi just google it , install the download and away you go. But this firestick is way up from that , just put the dongle in the back of your TV and it just works no cables apart from plugging it in obviously, got its own controls and you have no need to ever get off it.

15. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

pardon my ignorance but what does it do? can you watch UK TV with it abroad or what? have googled Kodi but none the wiser to be honest:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  16. chaser

chaser Funster

In theory yes, but you do have to have a good wifi or phone signal, I have used my Chinese one on its own with the three sim in, and it's 'ok' but you really need a vpn? So that it thinks you are in the UK to get official TV but films and stuff no problem, but saying that I seem to get better reception with my nexus 7 tethered to my O2 phone, and as long as you have unlimited data no probs.(y)

17. chaser

chaser Funster

My mate lives in Portugal and he gets all his TV through one of the android boxes, all TV just like home, that is where I first got into it, but as I say he does have one of these vpn thingys

• Like Like x 1
  18. chaser

chaser Funster

But these firesticks appear far better up to yet, as tonka mentioned.

19. chaser

chaser Funster

Today watched Everton / Chelsea from nbc TV in USA , arsenal /Stoke, on croation TV and now watching speedway from Slovenia through Eurosport 2 live

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

Thanks Chaser, very impressing, but how do you get to know that EV/CH is showing on this USA Chanel etc?

• Like Like x 1