Amazon fire stick with Kodi free tv (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
purchased one of these, similar to this one
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321858660628&globalID=EBAY-GB
Although mine was local and cheaper, it is the most fantastic piece of kit I've ever seen for the money, every film you can think of can be found on it, all TV from all over the world but best of all to me every premiership football game live on a Saturday, maybe foreign commentary but hey , for free who's complaining.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oh , if you are wondering why it's in motorhome chat , I'm hoping it's going to work in the van if we can get some decent wifi(y):)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A quick look at the kodo forum suggests some of those add ons, such as 1 channel and genesis and probably others are effectively streaming illegal pirated material. Scroll down to the add on blacklist section on here. http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

Just thought I would point this out so folk know what they are getting. :):):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
A quick look at the kodo forum suggests some of those add ons, such as 1 channel and genesis and probably others are effectively streaming illegal pirated material. Scroll down to the add on blacklist section on here. http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

Just thought I would point this out so folk know what they are getting. :):):)

This refers to 'discussing' these add-ons on the KODI forum;)

The whole point of KODI is to stream everything for free and stop loading Murdoch's pockets(y) (...they just can't 'condone' it !!!)

Otherwise - why bother:)

FYI - the one posted above is a bit dear - I bought this recently - works a treat (as long as you have unlimited decent BB or WIFI:cool:)
Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Bit slow on this one Chaser !!!
I dumped my Android boxes ages ago and have 3 Firestick in the house..
Going to get a Firebox next when there is an offer on, my wifi is a bit hit and miss in area's, even with extenders etc.
So going for a box and a wired connection.. :)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Fully agree with the above , if you just want Amazon films and TV channels which should also work abroad you can get the fire stick without Kodi for £35 direct from Amazon here
Amazon product ASIN B00KAKUN3E

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bit slow on this one Chaser !!!
I dumped my Android boxes ages ago and have 3 Firestick in the house..
Going to get a Firebox next when there is an offer on, my wifi is a bit hit and miss in area's, even with extenders etc.
So going for a box and a wired connection.. :)
You are spot on tonka , il always be grateful for the info you gave me on android boxes months ago, and been useing Kodi on a nexus 7 but these things are something else.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know you won't believe me:) but I havnt tried it a lot but what I've seen are pretty xxx.
In all honesty I only got Kodi in android boxes , on android tablets and now on firestick for the football , pretty much everything else I watch on the TV , I can get on normal channels, but now I have got the firestick it just blows your mind what you can pick up on it , and as to being illegal maybe it is a grey area but if someone in Russia can watch premier football surely we can.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You can download kodi onto most devices for free. If you have an android phone you can use it then cast onto a suitable TV. Or run it on a windows laptop.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Chaser,
Where did you buy your (cheaper one) and how much was it?
Thanks

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You can download kodi onto most devices for free. If you have an android phone you can use it then cast onto a suitable TV. Or run it on a windows laptop.
You are quite right this is in fact what I have done before , I got a cheap android tablet from China with a sim slot , put in a three 321 sim with the euro add on so got all you can eat data and it easily streamed TV and films in France , if you have a tablet and want Kodi just google it , install the download and away you go. But this firestick is way up from that , just put the dongle in the back of your TV and it just works no cables apart from plugging it in obviously, got its own controls and you have no need to ever get off it.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You are quite right this is in fact what I have done before , I got a cheap android tablet from China with a sim slot , put in a three 321 sim with the euro add on so got all you can eat data and it easily streamed TV and films in France , if you have a tablet and want Kodi just google it , install the download and away you go. But this firestick is way up from that , just put the dongle in the back of your TV and it just works no cables apart from plugging it in obviously, got its own controls and you have no need to ever get off it.

pardon my ignorance but what does it do? can you watch UK TV with it abroad or what? have googled Kodi but none the wiser to be honest:unsure:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
pardon my ignorance but what does it do? can you watch UK TV with it abroad or what? have googled Kodi but none the wiser to be honest:unsure:
In theory yes, but you do have to have a good wifi or phone signal, I have used my Chinese one on its own with the three sim in, and it's 'ok' but you really need a vpn? So that it thinks you are in the UK to get official TV but films and stuff no problem, but saying that I seem to get better reception with my nexus 7 tethered to my O2 phone, and as long as you have unlimited data no probs.(y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My mate lives in Portugal and he gets all his TV through one of the android boxes, all TV just like home, that is where I first got into it, but as I say he does have one of these vpn thingys

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My mate lives in Portugal and he gets all his TV through one of the android boxes, all TV just like home, that is where I first got into it, but as I say he does have one of these vpn thingys
But these firesticks appear far better up to yet, as tonka mentioned.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But these firesticks appear far better up to yet, as tonka mentioned.
Today watched Everton / Chelsea from nbc TV in USA , arsenal /Stoke, on croation TV and now watching speedway from Slovenia through Eurosport 2 live

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks Chaser, very impressing, but how do you get to know that EV/CH is showing on this USA Chanel etc?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Chaser if you need any info / stock.. My son is clued up and does all ours in the family.. :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
How much are Firesticks normally? They were £35 on Amazon yesterday. I assume that the main difference between the Amazon sourced ones and those above / Ebay are that the Ebay etc ones have been modified but what are the modifications?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
can you share please when they come on offer again

They are £35 from Argos / Amazon etc... sometimes have seen specials at £25 (rare)..
Need software mods, I know little about it so leave it to my son who configures them with Kodi etc..

The modified one sold on ebay / facebook etc is just that your paying for someone to do the loading of the software needed.
Most sell these modified for £45 - £50..

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With firesticks , as I understand it you need a computer to download the program then put it on the dongle, but if you have an android tablet it is simple to download it straight to it , if you wanted to try it out , I am not very computer savvy but I've done it on loads , no probs but obviously it's nowhere near as good as these Amazon things.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just go to Kodi downloads on google then when you have it this is a good site to get the addons
Broken Link Removed

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Many thanks @chaser
I had heard of these player but it was filed under 'too difficult'.
However, a little effort along with Google Guidance - I managed to get Kodi plus appropriate add-on working on my phone.
I even got it to Chromecast it to my TV - but it stuttered. I am thinking the two streams clashed.
But the 'quality' encouraged me to set it up on my PC/TV combo.
So this weekend I've been immersed in wall to wall soccer bookended by a couple of movies :D (y) :D.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I still don't get it:(
my son has looked at fire and kodi link.I sent and dosent see how this allows you to watch copyright material?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back