Alan Kerr

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jonrud, May 13, 2011.

1. jonrud

jonrud Read Only Funster

Hi still a tugger at the moment but house on market so purchase will be soon. We have just been away for a week near Torquay and called into Alan Kerrs showroom our friend who we were away with purchased a new Swift Kontiki 659 and we are looking to purchase a Bessacarr E560 from them. My question is has anybody had any dealing with them and what is their after sales like. Thanks:Smile:

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Ok someone had to sink this low do not know about Allan but do not buy one from his cousin from China.................
    Wann:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  3. jonrud

jonrud Read Only Funster

Explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Name rings a distant bell. From FACTS ?

Type this into google, it's a good read if you find the whole story.

motorhomefacts allan kerr swift roclaire

5. Autoquest

Autoquest Read Only Funster

That story is well worth a read :Cool::Cool:

6. jonrud

jonrud Read Only Funster

Googled it but still puzzled can someone explain in plain english thanks.

7. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

I know of a bessacar ready to go, just needs your clothes! 04 plate IIRC, low mileage (22k) owners gave up camping, so has all accessories - I think it is around £20k range.

If not, we may have one retiring this year. I say maybe, as I may pass it onto the share scheme - havn't decided yet.

8. jonrud

jonrud Read Only Funster

I know of a bessacar ready to go, just needs your clothes! 04 plate IIRC, low mileage (22k) owners gave up camping, so has all accessories - I think it is around £20k range.

If not, we may have one retiring this year. I say maybe, as I may pass it onto the share scheme - havn't decided yet.
    That was not my question I wanted to know if Alan Kerr was a good dealer to deal with. From what I can make out Swift bent over backward to sort out that guy problems but he did not want to know. the salesman at Alan Kerr told me that they sell about 50 MHs a month so there must be a lot of happy costumers around. You cannot run a company that size and be shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

9. JJ

JJ Funster

It seems you have found the answer to your question from within! :thumb:

JJ

• Like Like x 3
  10. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

[
    That was not my question I wanted to know if Alan Kerr was a good dealer to deal with. From what I can make out Swift bent over backward to sort out that guy problems but he did not want to know. the salesman at Alan Kerr told me that they sell about 50 MHs a month so there must be a lot of happy costumers around. You cannot run a company that size and be shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.[/QUOTE]

50 motorhomes a month ? 600 a year !

And do you believe him?

• Like Like x 2
  11. jonrud

jonrud Read Only Funster

50 motorhomes a month ? 600 a year !

And do you believe him?
    I am not one for dick measuring be it 50 MHs or 25 MHs would anyone on this forum deal with them? :Confused:

12. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

Well - it strikes me that JJ hit the nail on the head.
    Anyway - you're possibly in a better position as most - you can always 'ask a friend' :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

How about doing what you might do when employing a builder? Go to the company in question (I have no knowledge of who they are, btw) and ask if they have past customers who'd give a "reference", ask how many repeat customers they have and maybe speak to one or two of them? Do they place a "sold by" sticker on MHs they've sold? Maybe you can identify a few past customers by that.
    Just trying to think outside the box as I've no idea what the other comments mean. Would say that if you have doubts, go elsewhere, as you're dealing with a lot of money & your hopes and dreams!

• Like Like x 2
  14. rainbow chasers

Then why are you asking???

Buy one, and find out!

When someone offers help, there may just be a reason??

• Like Like x 2
  15. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

Off topic I know, but ....

Nice pad, Hollyberry. Although I note your invitation for an overnight pitch with EHU and water free for Funsters, I assume - from trawling through your photos - that you take paying guests? Whereabouts in France are you? It looks a beautiful spot and I envy you .... your house is beautiful

16. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

In the Dronne Valley, near Riberac and Tocane St Apre.
    House has B&B rooms and a s/c gite (2 bedrooms). 3200sq m garden so room for a M/H or 2 to link up to electricity/water/empty waste. Always welcome.
    House is for sale if anyone wants to buy a manor house! €245K fully furnished.

17. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

That was not my question I wanted to know if Alan Kerr was a good dealer to deal with. From what I can make out Swift bent over backward to sort out that guy problems but he did not want to know. the salesman at Alan Kerr told me that they sell about 50 MHs a month so there must be a lot of happy costumers around. You cannot run a company that size and be shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

50 motorhomes a MONTH !!!! in this financial climate, what they gonna do when things pickup ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  18. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

:getmecoat:Ok I wiil explain if I must as you clearly did not see the humour in my post

Alan Kerr

Chinese cousin

Wann Kerr

:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  19. rainbow chasers

In all fairness, if he sells 50 a month, he will probably have customers that are unhappy, and other that are.

Having sold all those - not met anyone who has purchased from him, nor have I bought, sold or seen any from his dealership - and dealers are thin on the ground down here, with his sales figures being bigger than the multi national companies i am quite surprised.

Cannot tell you if he is good or bad, I suggest you google the name and see what you can come up with, and even wait until next year and see how your friend gets on.

You obviously have committed yourself in your mind to buy from them, I wish you luck with your purchase.

I suggested an alternative, as I would have ANY funster - only because I am in the trade, I know a good, Pampered vehicle when I see it. It wasn't for me, as I wanted new shape for hire - but for a Funster, would make a great little van. Nothing to do with the dealer.

If I ever come across something special or interesting on my travels, I will share the info with Funsters that may be interested, so they may benefit. It is a free 'heads-up' - nothing more.

20. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

We live 4 miles up the road, and as we are on the lookout for an RV, thought we would go and have a look round both their sites. Thought possibly they may have taken in a part X yank. (No Yanks)..

And at the outlet on Yalburton (wrong spelling I know) estate that seems to sell all the new ones..

Older second hand ones seem to be at their other site on the Paignton to Brixham road.

The staff were very polite, not pushy, left you alone to look unless you requested help.

And the hour we were there 4 people were doing change overs to new M.Homes. and this was 3pm on Thursday last.

It certainly looked as if they have got some thing right.:thumb: