Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
NickNic and GJH you just don't get it do you!!!!!!!! You have both been really rude during the course of this thread....... Lifetime funsters and expensive a-class do not give you the right to be rude and discourteous. "Elderly Mexican LGBT people": what is wrong with them, exactly???? Admittedly they're different to yourself; sounds to me as if you are afraid of those you don't understand. We'll continue as proud wildcamping fulltimers and refuse to be associated with your bigoted kind. Toby Trux.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We'll continue as proud wildcamping fulltimers and refuse to be associated with your bigoted kind. Toby Trux.
Nobody mention the 'f' word OK.....or else.:boxing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
NickNic and GJH you just don't get it do you!!!!!!!! You have both been really rude during the course of this thread....... Lifetime funsters and expensive a-class do not give you the right to be rude and discourteous. "Elderly Mexican LGBT people": what is wrong with them, exactly???? Admittedly they're different to yourself; sounds to me as if you are afraid of those you don't understand. We'll continue as proud wildcamping fulltimers and refuse to be associated with your bigoted kind. Toby Trux.

Point well and truly missed. Did you even bother to read the post properly?

I even said in the post insert any minority you like, it doesn't matter. As it happens I don't even know if the one I used even exists. It was made up for the sake of the example.

The point being why should motorhomers, who are very much a minority, demand the right to special treatment as evidenced in the ridiculous petition.

I take exception to being called bigoted. Could you either explain that comment or withdraw it please.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Point well and truly missed. Did you even bother to read the post properly?

I even said in the post insert any minority you like, it doesn't matter. As it happens I don't even know if the one I used even exists. It was made up for the sake of the example.

The point being why should motorhomers, who are very much a minority, demand the right to special treatment as evidenced in the ridiculous petition.

I take exception to being called bigoted. Could you either explain that comment or withdraw it please.
If you don't think elderly Mexican LGBT people exist, you need to get out more.....(y)

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
OMG. Although I have only been on here for a relatively short while I don't think I have ever seen a better example of a miss read post. Don't write when your angry or have been wound up. Read the post that upset you, read it again and make sure you have a full understanding then reply.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Who has an expensive A class? I certainly don't and I don't want one. I'm perfectly happy with our current van, which is nearly 13 years old and we bought almost 4 years ago.

As for being "really rude", I asked in post #17 where have I been rude and I am yet to receive an answer.

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Truly, I've not missed the point at all...... NickNik, I'm not going to waste any more time on you and, especially, will not either explain or retract that "bigoted" statement. There is no excuse for rudeness or ignorance. Toby Trux.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is no excuse for rudeness or ignorance.
I agree.
When one calls somebody "really rude", "rude and discourteous" or "bigoted" without foundation, there is no excuse for it.
There is even less excuse for not explaining why the allegations were made when requested politely.
:D

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Now you're not reading the thread properly : "throughout"; others on here can see it, why not you ??? My last words on the subject. Toby Trux.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The question is,why sign a petition ? All those who wish to have an Aire in their locality/village/beauty spot....... Nimby?,get voted onto the local Parish/Town council and start lobbying.Parish used to be one night a month,the meetings lasted about 2+ hours and time was "Unpaid"...mmmmm. You were allowed to miss so many during the year, due to unforseen circumstances. The kindest thing you will be called behind your back will be,"Mayor of...",and then worse,by people who could not attend even the local meet,(It was spread between four villages).as it stared at 19.00hrs,they left work at 16.30hrs?
Get on down,join the Parish council-s,there are enough..O.B.E's about.."Other Buggers Efforts",do it for yourselves,after all,YOU want it!
Tea Bag

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi.
The question is,why sign a petition ? All those who wish to have an Aire in their locality/village/beauty spot....... Nimby?,get voted onto the local Parish/Town council and start lobbying.Parish used to be one night a month,the meetings lasted about 2+ hours and time was "Unpaid"...mmmmm. You were allowed to miss so many during the year, due to unforseen circumstances. The kindest thing you will be called behind your back will be,"Mayor of...",and then worse,by people who could not attend even the local meet,(It was spread between four villages).as it stared at 19.00hrs,they left work at 16.30hrs?
Get on down,join the Parish council-s,there are enough..O.B.E's about.."Other Buggers Efforts",do it for yourselves,after all,YOU want it!
Tea Bag
As Prince Charles said (more or less) too many people don't see the point when it comes to them actually putting in some of the effort :(

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I can't see the problem with either of the two replies @Crusty jack refers to. I do however find @Crusty jack s posts very holier than thou and finger pointing.
People can comment as they wish so long as rule 1 is obeyed surely. Only person not being nice to others seems to be .......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What about basic courtesy to other funsters? Doesn't that matter on this site? Words can sound very harsh when basic courtesies are ignored... Toby Trux
Which you seem to have ably demonstrated ?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Oh look. A troll.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Iv enjoyed reading this it's like been back at school lol. ..the infint side.
Have a nice year funsters .

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
There is a car park called Ram meadow in Bury St Edmunds which has designated a motorhome area. There are toilets next door, and its right in the middle of this beautiful town next to the abbey gardens as well.
A sensible council I would say.
Phil

Quite agree Phil, we have stayed there. I emailed the relevant councillor to say well done. When we were there several other vans from mainland Europe were there too, got to be good for local businesses.

Shame Norwich City Council is not so enterprising. I emailed Allan Waters, the leader of the council, ages ago about providing overnight motorhome parking. He said he would get back to me but hasn't, despite a reminder.

Paul

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Quite agree Phil, we have stayed there. I emailed the relevant councillor to say well done. When we were there several other vans from mainland Europe were there too, got to be good for local businesses.

Shame Norwich City Council is not so enterprising. I emailed Allan Waters, the leader of the council, ages ago about providing overnight motorhome parking. He said he would get back to me but hasn't, despite a reminder.

Paul
What a pity, Norwich is such a "fine city" Does the park n ride cater for motorhomes ? We have used Cambridge and Oxford PNR s,
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back