Air suspension Help required ! (1 Viewer)

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Has anyone fitted or had fitted this air suspension Kit
as I'm thinking that this might be what I require ???

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Looks like it is all there .. Mind you, what chassis are you on ?

As long as your van has leaf spring and bump stops that is the right kit.
Fitting time for the DIY moderately able is about 300 minutes !

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I would find out who makes that particular kit as with a compressor it looks a bit cheap compared to some makes.
I fitted Dunlop to my Peugeot which I bought from Marcel Leisure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Has anyone fitted or had fitted this air suspension Kit
as I'm thinking that this might be what I require ???

another thing is making sure you haven't a Alko chassis fitted,
my Renault master has so did require a totally different kit,
my kit from marcel leisure cost upwards of £750 a couple of years back

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
HI all,
did check with the seller and a compressor is part of this kit,they were good enough to send me a photo of the compressor and gauges that come with this kit.
They do do a cheaper kit for the Renault master,which is the base vehicle on my Lunar motorhome ,at the price of £319.99,as against the £399.99 the price of this kit,which does not include a compressor and needs pumping up with a foot pump or 12v plug in compressor.
Having read their feedback and checked via the internet all seems to be good,even though the price seems reasonable.Don't forget that most of the price you pay to have one installed is fitting,which tends to hike the price quiet a lot !! Will check what suspension is fitted to my van though,thanks.
I would be able to install it myself so that helps,I was more interested in finding out if anyone has this particular air suspension installed and what they think ? Although all replies out welcome.

Regards to all Frank. (See you all at Newbury).

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Hi Frank, I have been looking at the exact same kit for our Renault Master based Hobby.. I was looking at the same item but from this seller who is based nearer me in Leicester.

I have looked at lots of vids of fitting and they seem pretty straight forward to fit.. am waiting for information back regarding the up plating of our MH before i can go forward with a purchase

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi Kroozer,thanks for the reply,will look into it further,but feel that if this kit fits it should do the job.
If you purchase and fit give us your experiences.

Regards to all following,Frank.

Reactions: f6c

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
another thing is making sure you haven't a Alko chassis fitted,
my Renault master has so did require a totally different kit,
my kit from marcel leisure cost upwards of £750 a couple of years back
Hi, Les is toying with the idea of fitting air suspension. Would you say it was worth fitting to the Adria please? (Don't know if you rememer but we have a Vision too)

And is there an implication on payload (I know we are running close or even overweight already :( )
Cheers

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi Debs,
as you have probably read,when you fit air suspension it does not allow you to increase the working load. If you are running on the load limit,air suspension would certainly increase the stability of you vehicle.
Hope this helps.
Regards Frank.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!
I have just re-read my post !!

NOT 300 minutes.. THIRTY minutes !
All you need is very basic skills, a BIG pipe wrench ( to unscrew the bump stops ) a couple of small spanners to do the air line fittings up with, and a drill to get the air lines in to the cab area.
I fitted the control on a seat box side and pump under a seat on the Miller. Simples

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Air suspension is worth the upgrade IMHO and these kits are just as functional as the more expensive branded items.
If u do a search u will find lots of previous posts including my own and @Techno did an install thread thats worth reading.
I think the kits are still available from the company I used and should be cheaper still.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I did it in the road, while it was snowing, with out so much as a jack.. Simplest job I ever did on suspension !!!

You do not need to undo anything.. The kit I got was a Dunlop one from AS and the air bags are held in place by the will of god and the weight of the van.. They just sit there..That is on a Peugiot and Fiat chassis.. Bet the Renault one is gonna be the same !

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Hi, Les is toying with the idea of fitting air suspension. Would you say it was worth fitting to the Adria please? (Don't know if you rememer but we have a Vision too)

And is there an implication on payload (I know we are running close or even overweight already :( )
Cheers
Hi Debs
It transformed the stability at motorway speeds high winds or coaches passing too close, I would say it's the best modifications I have done to the vision,
you can just do a paper exercise and uprate her to 3900KG if needed but fitting the air suspension makes driving her a pleasure, obviously you can increase clearance height at the rear if needed for ferries as a bonus,
at the same time I increased tyre size to 235/65R16 with uprated 121 load capacity
with the slightly larger tyre my speedometer is now pretty much spot on instead of over reading like most vans

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My thread above is Dunlop
God isn't remotely involved :eek:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The air bags are dunlop yes, but there are several different kits that use Dunlop bags

Here is a picture of mine in place..
airbag1.jpg

And another showing the top mount

airbag2.jpg

It was simply a matter of removing the bump stops, squeezing the bag a bit, and popping them in place !!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
Well that sounds really easy Jaws - thats my kinda DIY :LOL::LOL::LOL: How much did you pay for your Dunlop System ?
Been talking to a supplier of these air systems and he informed me that 99% of the air bag comes from the same supplier but just stick a different name on some of them ;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
AS air mate.. Really good people to deal with, always round the shows.. Very helpful and as I bought the absolute basic kit ( air bags, connectors and lines ) just a tad over £200
The basic kit allows you to pump the bags up with an air line at a garage ( most applications only need about 32 lbs )
I just run the lines in to the gas locker..

At a later date, when I had a bit more lolly, I bought a cheapo compressor ( think it was about £8 ! ) and a pucka control panel from AS that came with all the easyfit fittings was about £100

As I said, fitting the basic kit was about 30 minutes.. The hardest job for me ( being cack handed with wood ! ) was fitting the control panel on the seat base.. But moving the lines across, wiring the pump in and plumbing the lines in took maybe another hour.. Still a simple straightforward job though

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yours look like a very poor imitation
I doubt Dunlop would put their name to them. Perhaps yours are DUNROP :LOL:
This is Dunlop kit
basic-parts-M.jpg

Bellows-allowed-to-refill-and-M.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
To my knowledge all Dunlop bags look exactly the same and all components are Dunlop not thrown together
Link Removed

Dunlop - Air Assisted Suspension
These are manufactured by Dunlop Systems & Components, Nederland. The same Dunlop who make the tyres!

These systems are exceedingly well designed for most people to fit themselves as no special tools are required. Most kits don't require any drilling of the chassis.

As with all our semi air suspension systems, they greatly increase straight-line stability on motorways, strong cross winds and when being overtaken by heavy vehicles. They enable you to, stiffen the rear suspension by increasing the air pressure alleviating any sagging of the rear suspension due to incorrect or over loading, and allowing the vehicles ride height to be kept level. Body roll on roundabouts and when cornering is also decreased and the general ride is much improved.

Most people fit air assisted suspension units to restore the rear ride height of their motorhome. Unlike normal vans, motorhomes are always fully laden, especially if additional rear racks are fitted to carry bikes etc. so the rear springs do sag after a while. These units will restore the ride height, however everyone who has had air assisted suspension systems fitted to their vehicles all say they are also impressed with the added benefits of improved ride, improved cornering and being less prone to side winds and buffering by large HGV's

WARNING - This kit will not legally increase the legal carrying capacity of your vehicle. To legally carry more weight, you'll need to speak to us as we can arrange legal replating

Our price for this basic kit includes delivery and taxes etc.

This kit does not include a compressor or a gauge/valve assembly which are available as an optional extra.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
I personally do not beleive when certain manufactures say there items are all made by them etc, I have witnessed it first hand by goods i worked on, and then they were stamped made in Italy, Scotland,Germany,Ireland etc ... when in fact all the items were made welded together from start to finish in Darlaston West Midlands and then shipped out to the destination that was stamped:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Its all Bo**ks IMO

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
untitled-jpg.104144

Designed to fit the standard Fiat, Peugeot and Citroen Chassis i.e. non extended al-ko chassis, to fit to vehicles with leaf springs.

FIRESTONE Air Bellows used in this air suspension kit

Designed to fit the Fiat Ducato Chassis pre 2007 this kit is simple to install and can be undertaken by any DIY'er.

Installations typically require no drilling

Reduces suspension fatigue and bottoming out while increasing comfort and stability

Enables side to side leveling to allow for off centre loads

Mounts between chassis and original suspension

Designed for Light Commercial Vehicles, 4x4s, Motor homes and many more

The original suspension is not removed. The semi-air systems are designed to work together with the original suspension

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 94

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back