Advice re advertising MH for sale

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by redchad, Sep 18, 2013.

1. redchad

redchad Read Only Funster

Hi all from sunny Spain when I get back I'm planning on upgrading the MH and was wondering if anyone has any advice I was planning on trying eBay or gum tree so if anyone has had any good/bad experience I'd appreciate it.

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Why not stick it on motorhome fun classifieds, preloved and loot or a motorhome magazine to start off with.

Gumtree tends to bring along loads of spammers if you give email and companies calling you if you use a phone number to get them to place an advert with them.

Ebay is quite good from a buyers point of view however their fees can be excessive of higher priced items as a seller

I am sure there will be others with different views along soon.

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Ebay for £15 I think gets the best results. But advertise as much as you can take advantage of all the free places.. Pre-loved, Gumtree, forums like Fun, Facebook...
    Just get it out there.....

Good luck..:thumb:

You may even sell it in Spain !! Lots of Expats now getting into it and buying UK vans...

4. 15edward

15edward Funster

we used Classifieds here and ebay. We had enquiries from both. Sold quickly from ebay which was all very straightforward. I had expected to be waiting for quite a time before we found a buyer and think theres a lot of luck in who's looking when!! Our buyer wanted an A class quickly, changed their search on ebay from Hymer to A class and ours was nearest! I think most buyers will have more criteria! I think ebays classified fees were very good and uploading was easy

5. redchad

redchad Read Only Funster

Many thanks everyone I will advertise first to funsters.

• Like Like x 1