Advice re advertising MH for sale (1 Viewer)

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Hi all from sunny Spain when I get back I'm planning on upgrading the MH and was wondering if anyone has any advice I was planning on trying eBay or gum tree so if anyone has had any good/bad experience I'd appreciate it.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Why not stick it on motorhome fun classifieds, preloved and loot or a motorhome magazine to start off with.

Gumtree tends to bring along loads of spammers if you give email and companies calling you if you use a phone number to get them to place an advert with them.

Ebay is quite good from a buyers point of view however their fees can be excessive of higher priced items as a seller

I am sure there will be others with different views along soon.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ebay for £15 I think gets the best results. But advertise as much as you can take advantage of all the free places.. Pre-loved, Gumtree, forums like Fun, Facebook...
Just get it out there.....

Good luck..:thumb:

You may even sell it in Spain !! Lots of Expats now getting into it and buying UK vans...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
we used Classifieds here and ebay. We had enquiries from both. Sold quickly from ebay which was all very straightforward. I had expected to be waiting for quite a time before we found a buyer and think theres a lot of luck in who's looking when!! Our buyer wanted an A class quickly, changed their search on ebay from Hymer to A class and ours was nearest! I think most buyers will have more criteria! I think ebays classified fees were very good and uploading was easy

OP
OP
redchad

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Why not stick it on motorhome fun classifieds, preloved and loot or a motorhome magazine to start off with.

Gumtree tends to bring along loads of spammers if you give email and companies calling you if you use a phone number to get them to place an advert with them.

Ebay is quite good from a buyers point of view however their fees can be excessive of higher priced items as a seller

I am sure there will be others with different views along soon.

Many thanks everyone I will advertise first to funsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back