Rally Adventure Overland Show 24th 25th Sept

Discussion in 'Scheduled Rallies' started by Merle, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Merle

Merle Funster

Our annual get together at the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse over the weekend of Sept 24th 25th. Pre show camping from the previous Monday available as in previous years. The AO show organiser has again offered our members a super generous discounted price of just £35 to include camping from Friday to Sunday plus unlimited access to the show. Pre show camping to be paid in addition. Please MUST contact me for your booking forms to ensure you get your discount.
    Dave

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tom Mc

Tom Mc Read Only Funster

Hi Dave and everyone ... Happy New Year! Better late than never?

As it happens, your horseshoe-shaped display area last year caused a bit of a stir amongst the 4x4 campers, so much so that several will be adopting a 'U' shape pattern to their club pitches this September! If the space is available, which of course it is at Stratford Racecourse, then this makes perfect sense for it allows show visitors easy access to inspect the vehicles. It also creates a focal point in the middle of the display for the marquee.

Strewth, do you realise you're become 'trendsetters???!!! Bet you've never been called that before? (y)

Hopefully Sundowners can make it again, that's if they're not on their travels that is.

Any questions about the show?

3. Merle

Merle Funster

Well well, trendsetters! Probably one of the more polite names we've been called :)
    And good news Tom, Sundowners have said they will be with us again this year :) :) :)

4. Tom Mc

Tom Mc Read Only Funster

Excellent!

5. 504329lt

504329lt Funster

HI, how do we book for this? Thanks

6. Merle

Merle Funster

Hi PM me with your e-mail address please and I will forward a booking form in the next week or so
    Dave

7. Merle

Merle Funster

This glorious spring weather:rolleyes: is a timely reminder that we will again be having our annual knees-up at Stratford in September, contrary to some mis-guided beliefs :):):) we have a great time and get to learn more than we thought we knew!
    £35 covers the cost of unlimited show access and camping on the superb Stratford race course with the historic town within walking distance.
    Just PM me with your email address to get your booking form
    Dave

8. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Well, put us down! We have the new van we're building (see blog) and its going OK, so we hope usable in June, finished by August (better be as we plan a month away lol), and by September it'll be dirty.

Be good to see you all again.

9. Merle

Merle Funster

Hi Mel & Ryan, you two certainly don't let the moss grow do you!!
    It will be great to see you
    Dave

10. Jenben

Jenben Funster

We have it in the diary, the cheque is in the post ( well it will be when we get home).

11. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

Please put Cindy I down for this event again! Fortunately she is not scheduled to be on shift that weekend, so we are in!!! Will need to arrange the requisite admin/payment when home, do you need me to send through our details again? :)

12. Merle

Merle Funster

Jolly dee! Don't forget your ticket includes camping from the tuesday before the show until the monday after

13. Merle

Merle Funster

Assuming your details are the same as last year, then I should be ok thanks. If not I will let you know
    Dave

14. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

Thanks, no change in our details since last time!

15. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

I cam to this event a few years ago and it was a great weekend. I was camping then with a motorbike. If we are around we will come again this year with the MoHo, but I'm not booking just yet until we've sorted out our plans for the rest of the year.

16. Merle

Merle Funster

Just to confirm that as a result of Tom Mc's generosity the £35 ticket price now includes not only unlimited show access for the entire weekend and camping from midday Tuesday 20th Sept to midday Monday 26th but also FREE ENTRY to the sister show in Germany the following weekend!!
    Yet more reasons to join us at the show that offers something different to the usual and the meet where good friendship is guaranteed (y)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bromleyxphil

Bromleyxphil Funster

Hi I am already going to the show and will be parked up with a group of overland trucks. I would like to come over at some time to say hello as I have been posting on Fun for a while but not yet met anyone. Would that be ok and closer to the time I will ask when is the best time.

18. Merle

Merle Funster

Hi Phil that will be fine. Whilst some early campers will be with us from midday tuesday 20th most don't arrive until nearer the weekend so friday evening saturday or sunday would give you the chance to meet most funsters, but you will be made welcome at any time
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bromleyxphil

Bromleyxphil Funster

Thanks very much Dave

20. Merle

Merle Funster

We have plenty of room at the alternative show of the year get together, just £35 gets you camping in historic Stratford on Avon for up to 5 nights plus unlimited access to the show and all it's seminars PLUS FREE entry to the sister show in Germany a week later!!
    Just PM me your email address to get your booking form and save ££££'s on the regular ticket price. This is a limited offer to MotorhomeFun/RVOC members from fellow member and show organiser Tom Mc
    Dave