Adria 375 Sport - TV Aerial?

Discussion in 'Adria' started by dna, Apr 20, 2010.

1. dna

dna Funster

sorry for asking lots of basic questions but the documentation for this van is sparse.

There is a TV Aerial socket in the cupboard meant for a flat screen TV. In the sales brochure this is described as a "TV antenna socket with wire". So does this mean there is a wire loop type aerial buried in the walls / roof of the van, or is there a wire hidden somewhere to attach an aerial to? If so - where is that wire!

I have tried a TV when the van is parked up at home in a reasonably strong signal area and it does pick up freeview reasonably well which made me wonder if it is just a loop in the roof.

2. DiscoDave

DiscoDave Read Only Funster

In my Coral Sport the wire for the tv aerial was hanging inside the wardrobe, and it was simply that, a bit of wire to connect to the aerial when I fitted one!

There was also a sticker on the ceiling in the wardrobe to pin point the exact location of where the hole for an aerial should be drilled! most impressed was I.

3. dna

dna Funster

I'll go and have a look in the wardrobe tonight!

Thanks for the tip - did you find this in a manual or just by looking?

David

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Highly unlikely ! Get one of these if your only going to use the van in the UK. Easy to fit and comes complete with everything

Status 315 Omni directional Antenna

Peter

5. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

I wouldn't waste money on a Status aerial, either a 315 or the more expensive 510 directional model. The 315 is only any good as a target for seagulls to crap on, the 510 directional is moderately better but outside of a strong signal area its performance is very poor.

D.

6. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

yes i agree :Smile:idont have much success with 315, so don,t bother to take to take t.v.I can watch T.V at home :Smile:

7. dna

dna Funster

found it!

10 out of 10 thank you. There is a coax cable in the wardrobe and a sticker saying "drill here". Not sure I would want to drill through the roof though.

As for not taking the TV, that would suit me but the young(fun)sters like it so i was investigating the options on cost / complexity / reliability etc.

8. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

Have to say that whilst I agree with you about the 315, I have found the directional aerial (530 rather than 510) very good, and regularly use it quite succesfully for both digital and analogue in areas predicted to have less than good coverage.

9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

To be totally honest I have a 315 on the boat in Poole, its 15 years old and works brilliantly, I get more programmes on that than I do at home with a roof aerial.

I will admit using one at Robertsbridge in a van when I stay overnight depending on where the van is on the forecourt is not as good but we are in a real crap reception area.

Peter