dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
sorry for asking lots of basic questions but the documentation for this van is sparse.

There is a TV Aerial socket in the cupboard meant for a flat screen TV. In the sales brochure this is described as a "TV antenna socket with wire". So does this mean there is a wire loop type aerial buried in the walls / roof of the van, or is there a wire hidden somewhere to attach an aerial to? If so - where is that wire!

I have tried a TV when the van is parked up at home in a reasonably strong signal area and it does pick up freeview reasonably well which made me wonder if it is just a loop in the roof.

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
In my Coral Sport the wire for the tv aerial was hanging inside the wardrobe, and it was simply that, a bit of wire to connect to the aerial when I fitted one!

There was also a sticker on the ceiling in the wardrobe to pin point the exact location of where the hole for an aerial should be drilled! most impressed was I.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I'll go and have a look in the wardrobe tonight!

Thanks for the tip - did you find this in a manual or just by looking?

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
sorry for asking lots of basic questions but the documentation for this van is sparse.

There is a TV Aerial socket in the cupboard meant for a flat screen TV. In the sales brochure this is described as a "TV antenna socket with wire". So does this mean there is a wire loop type aerial buried in the walls / roof of the van, or is there a wire hidden somewhere to attach an aerial to? If so - where is that wire!

Highly unlikely ! Get one of these if your only going to use the van in the UK. Easy to fit and comes complete with everything

Status 315 Omni directional Antenna

Peter

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I wouldn't waste money on a Status aerial, either a 315 or the more expensive 510 directional model. The 315 is only any good as a target for seagulls to crap on, the 510 directional is moderately better but outside of a strong signal area its performance is very poor.

D.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
I wouldn't waste money on a Status aerial, either a 315 or the more expensive 510 directional model. The 315 is only any good as a target for seagulls to crap on, the 510 directional is moderately better but outside of a strong signal area its performance is very poor.

D.

yes i agree :Smile:idont have much success with 315, so don,t bother to take to take t.v.I can watch T.V at home :Smile:

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
found it!

10 out of 10 thank you. There is a coax cable in the wardrobe and a sticker saying "drill here". Not sure I would want to drill through the roof though.

As for not taking the TV, that would suit me but the young(fun)sters like it so i was investigating the options on cost / complexity / reliability etc.

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years

D.

Have to say that whilst I agree with you about the 315, I have found the directional aerial (530 rather than 510) very good, and regularly use it quite succesfully for both digital and analogue in areas predicted to have less than good coverage.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
To be totally honest I have a 315 on the boat in Poole, its 15 years old and works brilliantly, I get more programmes on that than I do at home with a roof aerial.

I will admit using one at Robertsbridge in a van when I stay overnight depending on where the van is on the forecourt is not as good but we are in a real crap reception area.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back