LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Well out Navibuzz unit worked great - for three hours and now it looks like it has a terminal fault*. I have emailed them and will see what can be done. Pity as it was a great bit of kit when it did work.

* It's on charge (has been for several hours) and the screen flashes on and off constantly. The on/off button doesn't work and neither does the reset button.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
duplicate post

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Well out Navibuzz unit worked great - for three hours and now it looks like it has a terminal fault*. I have emailed them and will see what can be done. Pity as it was a great bit of kit when it did work.

* It's on charge (has been for several hours) and the screen flashes on and off constantly. The on/off button doesn't work and neither does the reset button.

Snap!
Arrived yesterday afternoon took it out the box .no instructions ...at all!!
Two cards giving link to maps etc.one saying the( newes)maps on your navi.
Switch it on this morning screen note "your maps are out of date "(2010) and another link .
D/L all countries (2014).
Cut all countries from navi into folder on the pc for backup. Then loaded just the new countries I wanted onto unit.
Fine so far fired up went for a drive just to check alls well .tailored the menu to my liking and battery flashing ,low so plug I for an hour or so .then rowlocks the same problems as you have will mail them tomorrow if the sellers lived local they'd be wearing it :mad:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Can I ask please, are all these faulty units being purchased from Navibuzz, which was the preferred seller amongst those of us who are happy with them?

Cheers,

Jock.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
surging on and off with a low battery says to me the battery wasnt fully charged before starting. the sellers recommend this and to use it plugged in to charge

the charger is not keeping up with the current draw. try charging for a few more hours and try again.

if not, the customer services are pretty good

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Can I ask please, are all these faulty units being purchased from Navibuzz, which was the preferred seller amongst those of us who are happy with them?

Cheers,

Jock.
Mine was. Currently waiting to hear from him. I'm off on Monday and no chance of a new one by then so I have asked for a refund.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yep had forgot to put in my post when I unpacked it and after quick look see it went on charge from around 17:00 until about 10:00 this morning then on power in the car + trickle charge connected to pc the indecator showing full battery .then less than 45" flashing
Low hr or so charge turn on and ...not !
Left on charge will look again tomorrow after F1

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Cheers,

Jock.

Yes, bought from Navibuzz

surging on and off with a low battery says to me the battery wasnt fully charged before starting. the sellers recommend this and to use it plugged in to charge

the charger is not keeping up with the current draw. try charging for a few more hours and try again.

if not, the customer services are pretty good

Surely it would be fully charged after 36 hours?????

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm now wondering if this supplier is sending out 2 different models and that's how they are either a hit or miss. My friend just got one delivered with an sd card. I never got an sd card with mine unless I've missed it and accidentally threw it out.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years

I feel like nobody's listening........THESE UNITS HAVE INHERENT FAULTS, TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY....
head-in-sand.png

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I feel like nobody's listening........THESE UNITS HAVE INHERENT FAULTS, TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY....

Lots of members here have said the navibuzz units are excellent which is why I bought ..... not expecting miracles for the price but did expect it to work for more than a couple of hours.

Not sure what to get now..... might just use Navmii on the Galaxy although it doesn't have lane guidance which I find very useful.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Lots of members here have said the navibuzz units are excellent which is why I bought ..... not expecting miracles for the price but did expect it to work for more than a couple of hours.

Not sure what to get now..... might just use Navmii on the Galaxy although it doesn't have lane guidance which I find very useful.

Get a cheapo Garmin Nuvi or even better Copilot. Since getting Copilot I'll never waste money on a satnav again.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years

I feel your pain...really do. I bought one also, Lots of features and was really excited about these units, but alas, the love affair lasted a few months before it went sour......Glad I got me a new Garmin;)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I believe the 12gb ones are the ones with an SD card 4gb onboard and a 8gb micro SD as is mine.
Will stick with the garmin and have the netbook running autoroute in its cradle on the dash with a GPS dongle .Its been successfull for a year or two and with a 10" screen

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How do you get the radio to work? I've turned it on and tuned it to a station but nothing. Do you need to have it tuned into car radio which would really be a bit irish?

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
How do you get the radio to work? I've turned it on and tuned it to a station but nothing. Do you need to have it tuned into car radio which would really be a bit irish?
There is NO radio on these units. You set the frequencey on the sat nav then tune car radio to that EXACT channel.....Your sat nav will then be " Broadcast " on your car radio..

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Sandra, do you mean the FM Transmitter, rather than the radio?

Ours is the 12Gb version, and apart from the poor battery duration, it's a smashing piece of kit. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
There is NO radio on these units. You set the frequencey on the sat nav then tune car radio to that EXACT channel.....Your sat nav will then be " Broadcast " on your car radio..
What's the point? Why not just have the radio on ?

Yes Jock the FM button

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
What's the point? Why not just have the radio on ?

Yes Jock the FM button
The FM function is so that you can have the audible Sat Nav directions come through on your fandabydozy quadrophonic in car entertainments system. ;)
It interrupts the music you might be playing, gives you the instructions, then it's back to the music.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The point is that you can turn the volume up on your car radio to a higher level than what these sat navs can deliver....
I think I'm missing something here. Why wouldn't you just play the radio then?

Edit ..Jocks explained it...Thanks :)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Well, i used mine today - only ever used it a handful of times, an boy was i pissed off with it, have owned it over 12 months but like i say "been used about 5 times at most" may i add this is the second one, the first one was faulty and got replaced by the seller, it must have took a good 20 miles before it picked up a satellite signal (good job i was using my other sat nav as a back up) then when it did find a signal all it kept saying every 5 minutes was "satellite signal has been lost" then the screen would freeze, i must have reset it today about 4 times an its still doing and saying the same thing - so for all the praises i gave this when i first purchased it i take back :LOL::LOL::LOL: Just so friggin stressful - who needs it ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back