LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I'm as dumb as a box of frogs with satnavs but have managed to load the new maps and add POI's with the guidance of Lunarman.

Thanks John.

Hymie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Went off to Cornwall with one and got back today. Didn't miss a beat, turned off with the ignotion then back on and resumed routing. The bluetooth and fm combo is fab and the voice and screen guidance is very clear. I put the supplied sunshield on as soon as I got it and had no issues seeing the screen at any time.

I did go to update the maps but found the ones on the unit are newer than the ones on the web site.

Haven't loaded poi files yet, that's my next job before I head off to Europe on Friday..

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Mine keeps shutting down with a fatal error. I mailed Navman and he's come back with some suggestions to reset. I'm hoping i'll get it sorted today and if not he will exchange it. Too late for me going way on Monday but the offer is there.

I went back to the TomTom yesterday and it's 'clunky' and the screen is slow and compared with the NozaTec the whole experience is inferior. The screen and direction on the truck satnav is so superior to that and I really wanted to use it while away.

It does seem however that a small percentage come from the factory just not quite right. My mistake was deciding to go away with not enough time to prepare properly. If I had the time I'd exchange it and start again in an instant.

Don't be put off by the odd story of them failing - in the main they are a superb piece of kit.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ain't got one of the Chinese sat navs so can't comment on good or bad but anyone having problems and looking for an alternative (and I know some will say overpriced, poor routing, etc!) our local Aldi's still selling Garmin 760 Camper for £179.99.

+++Not an opening for a debate on Garmin just a heads-up for others!+++

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Having bought a Garmin Camper earlier this year, with the interesting routing that can entail, I've just ordered one of these from Navibuzz for no other reason than I'm curious to compare the two units. Plus it's fun to be in the "will it, won't it?" work roulette! :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Having bought a Garmin Camper earlier this year, with the interesting routing that can entail, I've just ordered one of these from Navibuzz for no other reason than I'm curious to compare the two units. Plus it's fun to be in the "will it, won't it?" work roulette! :)
From memory, think Graham @GJH, did a comparison review on here a few months ago. Pros and cons for both was the outcome from his perspective.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I bought one of these and as stated in my earlier post I find it ok. I did manage to corrupt mine on trying to update maps. It kept going in a loop when trying to start GPS. I gave up and just emailed to say I had a faulty unit and they sent me a replacement almost immediately. I had to pay postage but they told me to keep all accessories and just post main unit back.

As I stated before my prefered choice is CoPilot but for £37/38 for the Noza Tec you can't really expect that much can you?

Rob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
From memory, think Graham @GJH, did a comparison review on here a few months ago. Pros and cons for both was the outcome from his perspective.
Yes, Broken Link Removed.

On our latest trip the Garmin attempted to take us across a bridge near Wellingborough with a 3 tonne limit (which I spotted in time because we have the Philip's atlas) and did take us across a narrow bridge/road near Bath which was difficult to use because of heavy traffic. I've been in touch with Garmin about both and they are looking at making appropriate changes.

We hadn't been using the Noza Tec at the time. On the way home from Hereford I set up both but the Noza Tec crashed - lost satellites and wouldn't reset. I sorted it out after we got home but it took some doing. We will use both on future trips to see how it goes, the Garmin as the main tool and the Noza Tec as backup.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
20150821_113017.jpg
Just got mine delivered. Must say the instructions for these pieces is non existent.
What are these for and how do they fit together.
I've guessed the sunshade but apart from the 4 legs I have no idea how to attach it or what the thing with the spring is for?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
View attachment 73295 Just got mine delivered. Must say the instructions for these pieces is non existent.
What are these for and how do they fit together.
I've guessed the sunshade but apart from the 4 legs I have no idea how to attach it or what the thing with the spring is for?

Is the thing with the spring (poetry) for mounting in the dash air vents.

John.
Yes, the sprung mount is for the air vents. The bits to the right are attachment pieces between the mount and the tablet carrier.

Once the legs are fitted to the sunshade it simply clips loosely over the top of the tablet (though I found that the left hand leg could hide/catch the on/off button.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
There's something deffo wrong with mine too. It keep saying there's a serious system error and shutting down. What a disappointment. Hope you have more success with the next one Mags!

We tried one had the same problem. They sent us a new one same problem again and a third. We then demanded a refund in full which we they agreed to on condition we didnt post a negative review.
Now use Copilot ten times better imo.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Mine arrived today also, took a couple of unused brain cells to put the screen cover on but alls working fine now (y)
WP_20150821_005.jpg
WP_20150821_006.jpg

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
We tried one had the same problem. They sent us a new one same problem again and a third. We then demanded a refund in full which we they agreed to on condition we didnt post a negative review.
Now use Copilot ten times better imo.
This just proves theres an inherent problem with these units......I rest my case people!..:whistle:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mine arrived today also, took a couple of unused brain cells to put the screen cover on but alls working fine now (y)View attachment 73314 View attachment 73315
Thank goodness for your photo(y):) Glad someone has a brain. I was trying all sorts with mine and thought it was too small.

Next Q..Did I read you can add poi aires on? If so how do you do it. Maybe this info should be in the resources files..Please someone.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thank goodness for your photo(y):) Glad someone has a brain. I was trying all sorts with mine and thought it was too small.

Next Q..Did I read you can add poi aires on? If so how do you do it. Maybe this info should be in the resources files..Please someone.
all in the downloads section.....a user manual and the POI files

you can load any POI set in google kml format

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/posts/1503547/ for how to load them

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Im trying to get the updates. the site takes me to Elitefashions but then when I click on country it comes up page cant be displayed. Its happening in both UK and France

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@TheBig1 that's where Im going but the page cant be displayed when I click on either UK or France yet it works fine on my tablet but not on laptop? Tried clearing cookies etc but still no luck.

Do you have to log in somewhere ? The files d/l on my tablet without so im puzzled

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
sounds like an issue on your computer if you can D/L on a tablet. working this end. If you want, I can upload a copy to my dropbox account and PM you the link

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just uploading now will be about 20mins at current speed

TheBig1