3 Data Sim (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
The wee icon on the right of the toolbar. Right click and try settings as you can stop the syinc by unlinking it.

I have messed with that before, syncing over metered connections was already disabled. I have now disabled everything possible in settings so it should effectively be switched off but still when i unclick the 'pause syncing' link it starts again!

I want to be shut of the damned thing but cannot uninstall it, when I bought this HP laptop last year it was installed with HP's in house cloud system, Evernote I think, and this was set to sync by default. Luckily I was on an unmetered connection at the time and as soon as I realised what was happening I stopped it and then uninstalled.

I have no need or interest in cloud systems, if I need to back things up I make my own arrangements using hard drives or usb memory sticks.

Why do Microsoft and hardware manufacturers assume that everyone has unlimited internet and set these things as default?

?

Deleted User
In setting and accounts you can turn it off. I take it you tried that also but yeah you are right. Its bloody annoying. I also dont want to use my msn account but felt i needed to as it seemed i needed Microsoft credentials to get windows 10 to work. I see why more and more people are switching to Linux now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
in windows settings. As i rememder in settings/advanced

Thanks for that, I have just tracked that down and it was already switched off so as having syncing paused seems to be stopping the uploading I will leave things as they are now. ie everything possible switched off!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back