2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please..

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by tonka, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

ok, seem's the Morocco 2013 thread just wont die and the forum is getting split a little as there are now also 2 morocco 2014 threads running.. :Doh:

I will start the ball rolling again for 2014 and state our plans.
    We hope to be leaving UK first week of January and head down to Algeciras, possible short stop over in Benidorm if we get time and at least an overnight at Bella Vista so we can meet again with Rudi the site manager to finalise the meet there in March.
    Ferry over to Morocco on or close to 15th January and we will be spending 4-6 weeks there.

Others from the 2013 group I know are planning to go and they will no doubt post here soon.
    Some are planning to spend Christmas and New year in Benidorm, so if others want a meet up then camping Villasol in Benidorm looks to be a good spot this winter.

Andrew and myself have also approached Marjal, where we had the 2012 meet, to try and obtain a deal for funster who may be traveling down on route to Morocco, the Bella vista meet or Spain in general.. This is not confirmed as yet but I will post once I have full details.

If we now make this the prime posting thread we can maybe start to form some some of list of who and when people plan to travel. Newbie can then maybe get hooked up with some of the more seasoned travelers....

MOROCCO 2014 HERE WE COME.. :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 17
  2. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Good idea tonka
    Our loose plans are
    Leave uk around 27 December into Spain quickly
    Stay somewhere around south for new year and Spanish Xmas
    Then over Into morocco around 10 to 15 jan fro about 6 weeks
    Going straight down south to agider for 2 weeks beach time then who knows
    Plan to be back into UK for around end march

Any suggestions for beach time anyone ?

3. makems

makems Funster Life Member

We will be there.
    Already booked Portsmouth to Bilbao on 8 Jan giving us a week to amble down to Algeciras for the 15th to get tickets from Carlos and cross over on morning of 16th.
    Of course, plans can and do change........

• Like Like x 2
  4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Things have changed a bit here at hilldwellers, looks like we wil be able to make the mid Jan crossing.

My thought is quick down south then slowly back. After all, the weather is the main reason for going.

After reading Makems ferry msg......

6M MH and 2 bodies £678 return to Bilbao.

£354 one way which lets us be flexible on the return route.

Hands up all who think that expensive !!

Calais to Bilbao is 746 miles. That's £200 fuel alone. So for £154 you get a night or two in a nice bed and two or three days less driving. Not a bad deal.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  5. makems

Can't do better than Tagazhoute (just north of Agadir) in my opinion. We had 4 weeks there last year although three weeks of that was enforced as we were broken down and waiting for parts.
    That's if you are into wilding of course. If you want a fully serviced site with electric you will need suggestions from someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Wilding or serviced sites i do t think it makes any difference to us as long its near to towns for shopping and restaurants and some form of entertainment
    We are simple folks with simple tastes
    All ideas are welcome

7. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Hi
    We are hoping to hit Benidorm for at least new year. Then on to Morocco for around the second week of January, heading south.

For us its going to be a bit of a shake down for our big trip, we have to be totally flexible as our plans change daily. We might not even make it lol, so much to do, but we are really pushing for it, we drive quite slow and are hoping to do a bit of 4 x 4 driving, so probably not the best to tag along with.

We however hope to meet up with many of you along the way when we crave a bit of insanity, lol.

Cant wait bring it on, subject to knee operation, truck finishing, world planning, house buying etc.

Pat

• Like Like x 2
  8. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi Steve, We are going on Santander ferry on the 27th December, and wondered about Morocco.

The main problem we have is that we have a dog, and we are not sure if we can take him to Morocco, or more importantly what might happen re the packs of ferral dogs which we have heard about in Morocco. Although he is a Llasa/Maltese cross, he thinks he can take on anything with four legs!

Could you give us some information, or point us in the right direction??

Ginny and Mike

• Like Like x 1
  9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

no probs . in fact there isnt that many big packs anymore they kill them off .
    was several years ago. but even then they werent any trouble . just make sure your dog as had a blood test and you have a copy of the titra results . this may be asked for trying to get back into spain . not needed for uk but spain may ask.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Remember it well !,

Hope we bump into you and Gwen in the New Year somewhere south of Gib

Regards, Bryan/Anna

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

:thumb::wooo: now we can start planning great. :thumb:

• Like Like x 5
  12. andeb

andeb Read Only Funster

We would love to join fellow funsters on the 2014 jaunt to Morocco. We are heading off to France/Spain (still undecided which ferry route to take) in the next week or so for a slow meander down towards Algeciras via the Med coast and then across to Morocco soon after Christmas.

We will keep watching eye on this thread, in the hope that we can meet up with fellow funsters.

Andy & Debbie

• Like Like x 2
  13. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

2 way radios /Morocco

Lidl are selling silvercrest 2 way radios from thursday £25 , we have some and have tried them out with other funsters with radios and the channels were compatible ,
    Ideal for moroccan convoys and finding Funsters at shows etc .
    we use chanel no 5 ( of course ).
    Graham

• Like Like x 3
  14. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Thats as cheap as you are ever going to get radios for

We are taking a pair of motorola xtni down a lot more expensive but I had them given by a guy who looks after our coms at work
    Plus the software and program cable
    He reckons that they are the best around plus can be charged of 12 volt by chopping of mains plug and fitting fag lighter plug
    More expensive to buy see what on eBay first

Channel 5 it is then

15. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Is that the same as the rabies blood test and injection?

16. vwalan

vwalan Funster

yes the blood test result is in titras . thats what they call the antibodies must be more than or equal to 0.51.u/ml.
    my old dogs was 3.711./ml titras.
    you have to have the dog given a rabies jab anyway. the blood test is worth having . anyway at least if ever there was a big rabies out break you have the paperwork to show .
    not sure how it will come out now as in the beginning the dog needed two jabs then the blood test .
    in recent years ,the spanish have asked to see the laboratory report to show the results . in the early days they never bothered .
    mine was in morocco when the passport scheme started . we left in the december but had return papers etc .

17. makems

Send a PM to Cidersyd. He took his dog last year to Morocco and to my knowledge had no problems. He can probably tell you exactly what you need in the way of pet passport etc.
    re packs of feral dogs - we didn't see any in the three months we were there. Dogs? yes, plenty. Feral? Maybe. Packs? Nah!

18. Kiwi Coss

Kiwi Coss Funster

We are heading south November-ish. Will be ready for Morocco when whatever date is decided. Have got my solar showers, homemade outdoor shower ready. All to save my LPG for the stove and fridge. Want to make it for the whole three months this time and have already got the insurance sorted. Hopefully have covered all the mistakes we made last year. Am slightly concerned at expected numbers, as long convoys of motorhomes are hard to manage, and hard to get large groups into campsites. Something to be aware of but I am mindful not everyone will stick together.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Looks like the ball is rolling then..
    Ginny, cant help on the dog but as Makems have said contact Graham, Cydersyd... He Took his lovely dog and as far as I know there were no issues... Never once seen any packs of dogs.

Kiwi Coss.. Please learn some French, at least the swear words so any more hassle with those froggies you can give em what for (again)... :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Appollogies in advance to Frankie.. :Blush:

We also plan on going straight south, Agadir way and this time maybe work backwards..

PS... Anyone with a good surfing body board for sale let me know..

20. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

I dont know about everbody else that are going but elaine and I have no intention of being part of some mass exodus to the sun we will be traveling basically in small groups or on our own
    I like the thought of being around people whoum we could help or where they could help elaine and I if we get into some form of trouble or need advice its nice to be around people but sometimes it can be a little over powering if a group is too large
    We like the idea of when you get up on a morning of saying we are on our way today or I cant be arsed we are staying here
    Large groups seem to spend too much time debating and not enough time doing or sleeping
    Life is too short
    Its a holiday adventure not a army on the move

And no we are not antisocial just independent people who really enjoy the company of other like minded folk but value our privacy as well

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.