2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

You cant make me, You wont make me, I wont! I wont! I wont! :cry:

Mind you another Tagine wouldn't go a miss, :Doh:

Oh Bugger!!!!!

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
You cant make me, You wont make me, I wont! I wont! I wont! :cry:

Mind you another Tagine wouldn't go a miss, :Doh:

Oh Bugger!!!!!

:secret:WE ARE THE BORG FUNSTERS. LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR MOTORHOME. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

THE BORG FUNSTERS ARE UN-EMOTIONAL BUT EFFICIENT AND CAN ONLY GROW IN NUMBERS BY ASSIMILATION. - Morocco Trek. :Eeek:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Borg, the Borg are insignificant to us members of the "Q". Continuum ! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

And another thing how come you lot have not tried out my campsite yet !!! :Angry:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Wont be here next year if I the present REGIME is still in charge, :Angry:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
maps for my tom tom750

Hi Bryan, I keep my old Tomtom 700 for the simple reason that model although old has a huge memory. It is possible to download Moroccan maps free of charge from the "alternative" web sites, if you get my drift :winky:.
Because of there age the 700 is regarded by some as being old fashioned, so therefore they can be picked up from the bay at around £30.
I have full door to door from the top of Norway down to Istanbul as well as all of Morocco on mine.
If you dont want to go down this route, then the Michelin red map is as good as anything. I would recommend the Michelin map anyway.

hello there any body out there able to help me i had a good tom tom 750 some one in there wisdom tryed to upgrade it lost the lot any ideas thanks marjohn::bigsmile::thumb:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
morroco2014

hello there we would love go with a group from jan onwards we are flexible with the dates so we shall keep in touch with the forum marjohn:Smile:
hello there everybody we would like to be in marrakh by 6-2-14 any one got any ideas where we would leave from and to we live in lowestoft suffolk your help would be apprecaited marjohn:Smile:::bigsmile:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
morocco jan 2014

hello we hope to leave for morocco for 2to3 months has long as we get to marrakhach by 6-2-2014 which port would you leave from i live on the east coast any ideas please it would be apprecaited marjohn:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
hello there any body out there able to help me i had a good tom tom 750 some one in there wisdom tryed to upgrade it lost the lot any ideas thanks marjohn::bigsmile::thumb:

Hello MJ, give Tom Tom a ring, have your cables and all your bits for your TomTom ready, they will talk you through the whole update, don't think they have done Morocco yet though, we found them very helpful.

Morroco mapping we are still investigating.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hello we hope to leave for morocco for 2to3 months has long as we get to marrakhach by 6-2-2014 which port would you leave from i live on the east coast any ideas please it would be apprecaited marjohn:Smile:

MJ, if you read back through the thread you will find details of two crossings were you can go with funsters, one 16 or 17th Jan and one about the 8th, you can keep a eye on the thread and see which crossing will work for you, once you have been in Morocco for a couple of weeks you will meet and talk to other travellers and can decide if you want a camp site near Marakesh or in camp in the city itself.

Don't think it's hard and fast that anyone is in one particular place at a particular time think its more fluid.

For the ferry are you planning to travel through France or get the ferry to Spain.
Then google and see which ferry's suit you.

Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Caravanning since 1990's Went over to motorhoming 2007
no probs . in fact there isnt that many big packs anymore they kill them off .
was several years ago. but even then they werent any trouble . just make sure your dog as had a blood test and you have a copy of the titra results . this may be asked for trying to get back into spain . not needed for uk but spain may ask.

Hi VWalan can you tell me what titra results are? Thanks :Eeek:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Hello MJ, give Tom Tom a ring, have your cables and all your bits for your TomTom ready, they will talk you through the whole update, don't think they have done Morocco yet though, we found them very helpful.

Morroco mapping we are still investigating.

Tom Tom Do a map for Morocco I got it last year, forgot how much I paid but it is out there.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes the blood test result is in titras . thats what they call the antibodies must be more than or equal to 0.51.u/ml.
my old dogs was 3.711./ml titras.
you have to have the dog given a rabies jab anyway. the blood test is worth having . anyway at least if ever there was a big rabies out break you have the paperwork to show .
not sure how it will come out now as in the beginning the dog needed two jabs then the blood test .
in recent years ,the spanish have asked to see the laboratory report to show the results . in the early days they never bothered .
mine was in morocco when the passport scheme started . we left in the december but had return papers etc .

hi this should let you know .i already answered . hee hee

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heres one of blacky and us in 2000 that was taken in february before the pets scheme . she had to be kept in spain for 6 months after going to maroc to allow us all to return to uk .long holiday that year . second one in 2008/9 she loved morocco. shame i had to have her put down earlier this month .
actually it was at oulidia . just before xmas 2008. the other dog was a wild one come for a walk and some food . as you can see highly dangerous . ha ha .

Attachments

• img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Morocco 2008-2009 253.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 253.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tom Tom Do a map for Morocco I got it last year, forgot how much I paid but it is out there.

Thank you for that information, have phoned Tom Tom, and our Tom Tom 700 can be updated for £44. Now all I need is a new map and Vicarious books sites for Morocco. :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi carol, if you have the 700 it can be downloaded FREE. Unfortunately am in Germany at the moment, but if you can hang on for another week or two I can get it you done when I get home.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i say just get a michelin map its enough .
really cant see the need for more than that.
get a lonely planet guide . but even they are out of date as soon as they come out .but are good for banks ,campsites etc . save your money .just have an adventure . dont rush . i reckon it takes two weeks to get to taghazoute going down the coast .lots places to stop . hug the coast and you can be aweek between rabat and casablanca .
then oualidia, then cap beddouza round past the lighthouse .essauira and sidi kaouki .
point imsouane, might even be longer than two weeks .
there are lots places to stop . free camping or on campsites .
only campsite i would use is el jahdida .
but honest take your time .hug the coast .follow the sea not the sign posts .

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
i say just get a michelin map its enough .
really cant see the need for more than that.
get a lonely planet guide . but even they are out of date as soon as they come out .but are good for banks ,campsites etc . save your money .just have an adventure . dont rush . i reckon it takes two weeks to get to taghazoute going down the coast .lots places to stop . hug the coast and you can be aweek between rabat and casablanca .
then oualidia, then cap beddouza round past the lighthouse .essauira and sidi kaouki .
point imsouane, might even be longer than two weeks .
there are lots places to stop . free camping or on campsites .
only campsite i would use is el jahdida .
but honest take your time .hug the coast .follow the sea not the sign posts .

I understand what you are saying Al, but believe me until you have tried the Tomtom map, please dont knock it. Its better than the Michelin map with more dirt tracks on it. Also, dont forget ALL the POIs are on there, ie, hole in the wall, campsites, view points, etc, etc, etc.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m sure there is ,its just most seem to miss the nice little places .
as for hole in walls . better to go inside . if the slot takes your card your in trouble . at least inside you shouldnt loose the card .
i only use the map as a guide . i try all sorts of tracks . after all the morrocans take trucks and vans up all of them .
dont forget cap tafelney and across the through the river and out the other side,bet they havent rebuilt the bridge yet.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
bet you know where i mean . the bridge got washed out years ago .but great coast track and really picturesque route .
you drive through the river when the tide is out instead .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 356.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 356.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Morocco 2008-2009 355.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 355.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Morocco 2008-2009 357.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 357.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Morocco 2008-2009 361.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 361.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 67

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re river picks

Looks very nice but would your average motor home get across there or is it more suited for particular types ?

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Morocco 2013 saw block booking on the ferry from Algeciras with departure on same day. Is the 2014 group being arranged similarly or are we booking/crossing independently? As some time remains before January, perhaps question is premature.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Looks very nice but would your average motor home get across there or is it more suited for particular types ?

a normal m,home will do it easy . the bridge as been down ages possible ten 12 years as far as i remember . they tip stones into the river bed to keep it possible to pass through .
some times the river doesnt run .
but get rain in the hills and whoosh .
was there in the 90,s wnen bannana village bridge got too out . four a few days couldnt get south at all . the army came and built a pontoon bridge . the new one almost got took out only a few years ago . while they were building the second side . all the plant and machinery etc ended up on the beach . here it is .
sure most will know where it is the water tap and the block works are on the right hand side . its just before you get to bananna village ,or ourir i think i spelt it right . turns the sea brown for days . best not go surfing . after all we know whats tipped into dry river beds before it rains .

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
This is the one I bought last year for $19.95 and it worked fine (at least as well as any satnav works!): Link Removed

If 20 bucks is too much you could try this one for free: Broken Link Removed I did see some report on Tripadvisor where someone was struggling to get it working which put me off trying it. Of course he could have been a numpty (like me) so if you are a bit geeky it may be worth a try. The only thing is, even if you get it installed is it any good? You'll only find out when you get to Morocco!

Hi Mike

Thanks again for the link, have just downloaded the Morocco map, it appears to be on my faithful Garmin Nuvi1490T and for just $19.99....... bargain. Remains to be seen of course if it works, sure it will be OK. Very easily done, idiot proof download :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

regards, Bryan

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Morocco 2013 saw block booking on the ferry from Algeciras with departure on same day. Is the 2014 group being arranged similarly or are we booking/crossing independently? As some time remains before January, perhaps question is premature.

Nothing sorted as yet, as you say Brian. Bit early but will explore this nearer the time....

Off to the doc's tomorrow to have our Innoculation boosters..
:cry: I hate needles....:whatthe:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Tonka, any particular jabs, any recommended, I had forgotten about that. :whatthe:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no jabs needed for morocco. but it is wise to keep all your jabs etc up to date .
no yellow fever or rabies needed though . just as well they arent cheap.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Tonka, any particular jabs, any recommended, I had forgotten about that. :whatthe:

They are "recommended" but not compulsory.. Best check with your local doctor / nurse and they will confirm. Also depends when and if you had any before. We had ours the end of November 2012 in preperation for The trip and told to have boosters this year.

6 weeks before travel, we were told so you have plenty of time...

Last edited:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
They are "recommended" but not compulsory.. Best check with your local doctor / nurse and they will confirm. Also depends when and if you had any before. We had ours the end of November 2012 in preperation for The trip and told to have boosters this year.

6 weeks before travel, we were told so you have plenty of time...

We've had our boosters, waiting for typhoid vaccine as according to our Doctors surgery there is a nationwide shortage. :RollEyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back