£5 a day EU Internet.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by callumwa, Jun 14, 2012.

1. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I just had an email from "3".. It may be of some interest.

They are now offering unlimited internet for £5 a day in most EU countries.

It is restricted to mobile internet on your phone and cannot be used for tethering. It starts from the time you activate the "daily pass" until midnight that day. The pass iss designed for browsing, so streaming may not be as good as it is on our UK network.

I may try it next time I'm in France as I don't yet have a cheap local sim card option there yet. I'm currently using Vodafone at £2 per day for 25mb.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Euro_internet_pass?mid=1200263927&uid=12249785696&utm_campaign=3G0978_Europass_Roamers_nonFrequent_lowUK_subj1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=From+Three

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

ill stick with the 't-mobile' deal for interweb in europe, trying to do anything other than look at interweb pages on the phone is a pain in the rear

3. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

What is the T-mobile "deal"?

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband/euro-broadband-booster/

i use this on my payg dongle it is limited in mbs but i have had no probs over the last couple of years that i have used it when touring europe, i usually do the 200mb one and when i need i just top it up, i use it for browsing the interweb and going into chat and on average doing that used about 11mb a night

5. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

I'm with 3 and had the same text:

Quote: "We think nothing should get in the way of you making the most of your holidays."

then they say what does get in the way

Quote: "Just so you know, the pass was designed for browsing, so streaming may not be as good as it is on our UK network, and, tethering isn’t included."

In other words, they've throttled back the speed of data transfer so something does get in the way.

Reminds me of all the unlimited internet offers with fair play proviso. In other words, unlimited doesn't mean unlimited!

I rekon Tony Bliar & Alistair Campbell must work for them with all the sh*tty spin.

A bit like the hotel I stayed at in Barcelona earlier this year. When I was searching for hotels, free internet in the room was important for me. When I book a hotel with free internet in my room I discover it's free for 15 minutes, then it's bloody expensive. Bliear & Campbell are all over the place.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  6. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I'm not into mobile phone technology too much but when my dongle failed last summer I played about with a spare Sony my son had given me and got online through the laptop, that was on the O2 paygo network and I now know what "tethering" means!

The message I got was a charge of £1 per day expiring at midnight so it paid to get on in good time. Don't ask me how much data it gave me but it was enough to sort through my emails, do the Fun Trivia quiz, research a few campsites and read the worst bits of the :dm: !

7. mickcope

mickcope Read Only Funster

i just used the Three 5 pound a day for two days while driving across france. Seemed ok - I found that in certain circumstances you could sort of get over the tethering restriction. DM me if you want more info

mick

8. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

€15 for 8 days

We are on a site and paying 15 for 7 days.. but the expiry date and time on the bit of paper you get is in fact 8 days.. have to hand over the passport when you buy it for recording then you get it back with the identification / login and also the password... unlimited use and we have th MacBook Pro running and the iPad of the same wifi connection.

If I want it free McDonalds are 400 yards away.

Going to of from the site I do not bother.

Bob:thumb:

9. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Was with Robbers Vodafone for 34 years until I saw sense and moved to 3. It's a total no brainer not to with there upfront charge in Europe. Vodafone are total leeches and it's about time they suffered. I see there shares are falling. I hope they may sink into concrete.

10. buttons

buttons Funster

Some threads just never age.....:xwink: A few blasts from the past members though.:xsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. WillH

WillH Funster

I am with 3 but never bother with their deals, just use free wi-fi when I can get it, phone switched off most of the time to stop those annoying 'welcome' messages. When we were in Australia for a couple of weeks this year used my phone more or less as normal and only paid an extra £2.64 on my monthly account.

12. campa cola

campa cola Funster

'Unlimited' internet it may have been in 2012 but in 2015 'unlimited' means 25GB with 3 feel at home....

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

£150 a month for internet ...
    Yessss. a real bargain that !!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. sally47

sally47 Funster

We have a three dongle and assumed it worked abroad as here but I'm sure someone will tell me different must check

15. Speve

Speve Funster

• Like Like x 1
  16. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

17. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

That only gives 100Mb of data a month thereafter 15p per Mb. OK for emails only I think but not much more - but their coverage is very wide. But still a lot better than many providers offered in 2012 when this thread started!

18. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Oh...getting meg and gig mixed up again:(

19. Speve

Speve Funster

:xThumb:Yes it works well for us on the iPad as we only use it for email and the occasional skype or face time and of course Fun.
    Try to keep away from to much communications whilst away unless absolutely necessary.:xThumb:I have got better rates than those shown as I signed up three years ago and have kept the same rates when I joined.