Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I just had an email from "3".. It may be of some interest.

They are now offering unlimited internet for £5 a day in most EU countries.

It is restricted to mobile internet on your phone and cannot be used for tethering. It starts from the time you activate the "daily pass" until midnight that day. The pass iss designed for browsing, so streaming may not be as good as it is on our UK network.

I may try it next time I'm in France as I don't yet have a cheap local sim card option there yet. I'm currently using Vodafone at £2 per day for 25mb.

Broken Link Removed

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
ill stick with the 't-mobile' deal for interweb in europe, trying to do anything other than look at interweb pages on the phone is a pain in the rear

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
ill stick with the 't-mobile' deal for interweb in europe, trying to do anything other than look at interweb pages on the phone is a pain in the rear

What is the T-mobile "deal"?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I'm with 3 and had the same text:

Quote: "We think nothing should get in the way of you making the most of your holidays."

then they say what does get in the way

Quote: "Just so you know, the pass was designed for browsing, so streaming may not be as good as it is on our UK network, and, tethering isn’t included."

In other words, they've throttled back the speed of data transfer so something does get in the way.

Reminds me of all the unlimited internet offers with fair play proviso. In other words, unlimited doesn't mean unlimited!

I rekon Tony Bliar & Alistair Campbell must work for them with all the sh*tty spin.

A bit like the hotel I stayed at in Barcelona earlier this year. When I was searching for hotels, free internet in the room was important for me. When I book a hotel with free internet in my room I discover it's free for 15 minutes, then it's bloody expensive. Bliear & Campbell are all over the place.

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm not into mobile phone technology too much but when my dongle failed last summer I played about with a spare Sony my son had given me and got online through the laptop, that was on the O2 paygo network and I now know what "tethering" means!

The message I got was a charge of £1 per day expiring at midnight so it paid to get on in good time. Don't ask me how much data it gave me but it was enough to sort through my emails, do the Fun Trivia quiz, research a few campsites and read the worst bits of the :dm: !

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
i just used the Three 5 pound a day for two days while driving across france. Seemed ok - I found that in certain circumstances you could sort of get over the tethering restriction. DM me if you want more info

mick

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
€15 for 8 days

We are on a site and paying 15 for 7 days.. but the expiry date and time on the bit of paper you get is in fact 8 days.. have to hand over the passport when you buy it for recording then you get it back with the identification / login and also the password... unlimited use and we have th MacBook Pro running and the iPad of the same wifi connection.

If I want it free McDonalds are 400 yards away.

Going to of from the site I do not bother.

Bob:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Was with Robbers Vodafone for 34 years until I saw sense and moved to 3. It's a total no brainer not to with there upfront charge in Europe. Vodafone are total leeches and it's about time they suffered. I see there shares are falling. I hope they may sink into concrete.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Was with Robbers Vodafone for 34 years until I saw sense and moved to 3. It's a total no brainer not to with there upfront charge in Europe. Vodafone are total leeches and it's about time they suffered. I see there shares are falling. I hope they may sink into concrete.
Some threads just never age.....:xwink: A few blasts from the past members though.:xsmile:

Reactions: DBK
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I am with 3 but never bother with their deals, just use free wi-fi when I can get it, phone switched off most of the time to stop those annoying 'welcome' messages. When we were in Australia for a couple of weeks this year used my phone more or less as normal and only paid an extra £2.64 on my monthly account.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
'Unlimited' internet it may have been in 2012 but in 2015 'unlimited' means 25GB with 3 feel at home....

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We have a three dongle and assumed it worked abroad as here but I'm sure someone will tell me different must check

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Broken Link Removed
Found this very good whilst travelling

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Broken Link Removed
Found this very good whilst travelling
That only gives 100Mb of data a month thereafter 15p per Mb. OK for emails only I think but not much more - but their coverage is very wide. But still a lot better than many providers offered in 2012 when this thread started!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That only gives 100Mb of data a month thereafter 15p per Mb. OK for emails only I think but not much more - but their coverage is very wide. But still a lot better than many providers offered in 2012 when this thread started!

Oh...getting meg and gig mixed up again:(

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:xThumb:Yes it works well for us on the iPad as we only use it for email and the occasional skype or face time and of course Fun.
Try to keep away from to much communications whilst away unless absolutely necessary.:xThumb:I have got better rates than those shown as I signed up three years ago and have kept the same rates when I joined.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back