Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks. Stu. Before I left for town this morning I tried restarting again, this time using F12 on the keyboard. Couldn't see an option that I wanted so chose restart as normal. Just got back and there is an option screen to go back to previous build so am now awaiting any progress.
Thanks for your suggestions, if this does not work then I will try your ideas. Thanks again.

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
I didnt do any... the only issue I had was with chrome losing its touch screen capability.. but will use the new "Edge" browser till google fix that issue...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks. Stu. Before I left for town this morning I tried restarting again, this time using F12 on the keyboard. Couldn't see an option that I wanted so chose restart as normal. Just got back and there is an option screen to go back to previous build so am now awaiting any progress.
Thanks for your suggestions, if this does not work then I will try your ideas. Thanks again.
I would bet that your issue is similar to one that I found on one laptop. the display driver was incorrectly identified. so everything other than the screen worked
booted to the recovery menu and as i recall repaired startup. all now working fine

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've had two home PCs upgrade painlessly and a laptop that I'm having to persuade. Two out of three so far ain't bad. Edge browser is nice by the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mine's trying to download now. Been going since about 5.40pm
I updated a laptop yesterday. Started at ten in the morning and it finished around five in the afternoon. But all running fine now and no problems.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Being an Apple man, I have this Asus Transformer mainly cos it was cheap and to have a look at what Microsucks is up to.

Oh and in case I need to use it for something the Mac won't do.

Just finished upgrading to 10.

It doesn't like you using non Microsucks apps does it?

Other than that, it is much the same as before.

:cooler:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ok, I am wondering whether to take the plunge and go for Windows 10 on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. There are several programmes I am worried about as they are essential to what I do. Can anybody confirm please if the following work OK with Windows 10
  • Microsoft Office 2007, with Word Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook,
  • Microsoft Money twilight edition
  • Google Chrome
  • Paperport 11 SE
  • Nitro pdf reader 3
Also has anybody had any problems please with existing printer drivers not working?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I've upgraded 3 this week-2 were running 8.1 and took about an hour,other was running 7 and took about 1 1/2 hrs with a little bit of fettling to do (y)
Nothing lost on any of them,and all running well now.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I stopped mine last night and tried again this morning, all done in about an hour :) Like it so far.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
WINDOWS10. (y)
:active: Can anyone tell me where my AVG has disappeared to/or where to find it? :Eeek:
Otherwise no probs at present .

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Thanks Helen...(y) will check it out tomorrow when I fire it up :RollEyes: too much wine taken tonight :rofl::rofl:
Any other little tips ??
Jude

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ok, I am wondering whether to take the plunge and go for Windows 10 on my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. There are several programmes I am worried about as they are essential to what I do. Can anybody confirm please if the following work OK with Windows 10
  • Microsoft Office 2007, with Word Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook,
  • Microsoft Money twilight edition
  • Google Chrome
  • Paperport 11 SE
  • Nitro pdf reader 3
Also has anybody had any problems please with existing printer drivers not working?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Does windows 7 do everything you want it to do? Does windows 10 do anything you can't do on Windows 7?

Unless you are a real Microsoft Geek then upgrading from 7 would be a mistake in my opinion. Upgrading from XP if 7 isn't available would be good from a security point of view though.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Does windows 7 do everything you want it to do? Does windows 10 do anything you can't do on Windows 7?

Unless you are a real Microsoft Geek then upgrading from 7 would be a mistake in my opinion. Upgrading from XP if 7 isn't available would be good from a security point of view though.
I don't think it is as simple as that. I need my computer to be reliable for my work. Knowing MS their support for 7, which is now pretty old, will run out soon, just as the support for XP already has. And then I will have to buy a new computer or a new system system, or be left with a system that has the same problem as XP has now. However I can get 10 for free at the moment. All I need to be sure of is that my present software will work.

And my Windows 7 is getting a bit slow, whereas reports are that 10 is faster on many machines.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
More wine :wine:
:clap2: Unfortunately read it this am and I have to draw the line somewhere:wine:
AVG must have got lost in the 'ether' but had saved the email so all ok.
:party2:Must be getting old finding difficulty using keyboard after tablet(not the pill kind) :rofl:
nothing to do with alcohol you understand:D
Jude

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I don't think it is as simple as that. I need my computer to be reliable for my work. Knowing MS their support for 7, which is now pretty old, will run out soon, just as the support for XP already has. And then I will have to buy a new computer or a new system system, or be left with a system that has the same problem as XP has now. However I can get 10 for free at the moment. All I need to be sure of is that my present software will work.

And my Windows 7 is getting a bit slow, whereas reports are that 10 is faster on many machines.

Looks like you're talking yourself into it :LOL:
My laptop had 7 on it and was playing up to the point where I was considering replacing it (it was crashing with the blue screen of death)-put 10 on and it's running much better.I may still replace it cos it's about 5 yrs old now and I like new gadgets !!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looks like you're talking yourself into it :LOL:
That's what I am trying to do!! I just want to make sure that the software I listed will work. I like new gadgets too, but not the hassle of reinstalling everything and getting it like I want.

Your experience sounds encouraging. Can I ask you some questions please about it. Do you use any of the programmes I have listed and do they work still? Does all the software programmes I have need re-installing? Does your existing printer(s) still work?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
That's what I am trying to do!! I just want to make sure that the software I listed will work. I like new gadgets too, but not the hassle of reinstalling everything and getting it like I want.

Your experience sounds encouraging. Can I ask you some questions please about it. Do you use any of the programmes I have listed and do they work still? Does all the software programmes I have need re-installing? Does your existing printer(s) still work?

I don't use any of the progs you list-but Libre Office is working so I can't see why Microsoft Office wouldn't
My printer is Canon MG 6350 and that is working ok.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back