What are you paying to use a 5-van sites now? (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
As our season draws to close in a few weeks at Woodside Field, just wondering what you have been paying this year at the smaller 5-van sites if you visit them? We have tried to keep our price down but next year will have no choice but to increase our £12.50 per night. So, you only have a few weeks left at our current rate and we still have blackberries and hazelnuts to pick and plenty of leaves to kick in the woods.
Safe travels.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
As our season draws to close in a few weeks at Woodside Field, just wondering what you have been paying this year at the smaller 5-van sites if you visit them? We have tried to keep our price down but next year will have no choice but to increase our £12.50 per night. So, you only have a few weeks left at our current rate and we still have blackberries and hazelnuts to pick and plenty of leaves to kick in the woods.
Safe travels.

Helens given that grass cutter chappie another raise, hasn't she? He'll have to go! :LOL:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Recently stayed at a new CL that opened earlier this year. £18pn full service pitch. She increased to £20 as we left and is looking at £25 next year.
We would be surprised to find many at your bargain price these days.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
We paid £15/nt with basic shipping container sink, shower and loo (which we didn't use) and no hook up in the UK. We paid nowt directly in mainland Europe for the same thing so possibly more competition for those not afraid to dip into northern Europe instead of the UK.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Recently stayed at a new CL that opened earlier this year. £18pn full service pitch. She increased to £20 as we left and is looking at £25 next year.
We would be surprised to find many at your bargain price these days.
£25 for a CL wow I’m either behind the times or a tight Yorkshire bleeder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I stayed at one a couple of weeks ago the price had gone up from £18 to £22 per night with all facilities. It is just so convenient for me to visit my brother and my nieces for the weekend. It is a lovely working farm with gorgeous views all around.

Gina.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I get all the facilities i need (fresh water and drain disposal) for £5 a night , now charges £7 fri and sat. He's open all year and very few nights less than 3. One problem with this site is too picturesquew with trees shading my solar (Hampshire). One other at £8.Hereford
£10 a night in Pembroke

Last edited:

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Just paid £21 per night for EHU, shower/WC. Spotless, but freezing cold in the morning as no insulation. No grey water disposal but it did have black water disposal point. Washing up sinks had luke warm water. Very convenient for the M6 motorway, but for £21 I would have expected a bit of heat and hot water! Sign of the times I suppose.
Sue

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
£15 with no facilities, and £20 with water and EHU per night.

£nil to 16 euro across the water.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Just paid £20 pn for a fully serviced pitch, in better weather often pay £9 pn for a field, tap and black waste

Doozer

Free Member
Feb 24, 2019
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We are paying £17 a night in Essex for a hard standing pitch with electric and the use of a shower/wc that’s not heated. It’ll do use until we can head off to warmer climes in January.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We paid £20 for just elec water and dump . Too expensive but it was for the location . I don’t know what facilities you have but it’s A bargain in my book

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If your costs have gone up then you would put your pricing up accordingly to make the profit you require surly. Would it mean that because someone up the road is charging £20 then so should you..?

The one up the road maybe empty or low on numbers most of the time so charges more, (or just greedy) whereas if you have a good stream of returning customers at a reasonable rate of cost then I’d know where I would go…
Of course location is key to pricing….

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Safe travels.
I am just curious as to why you have no choice but to increase your costs? As I recall there is no electricity available on your site ,water and elsan point yes.
Can you advise what causes your prices to rise?

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Safe travels.
Hi Quackers

Interested for a friend, do you restrict pitches for motorhomes only, or do you also allow caravans on site?

Geoff

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I know this is a bit off topic but to put things in perspective we looked at booking Rowntree Park in York in April and they wanted £51.10 per night 🤮
That's not off topic. I should know I am the queen of going off topic I have had my wrist slapped recently for it:giggle:

Gina.

Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
Safe travels.
This is always a difficult question as I, the potential visitor, want the charge to be as low as possible and you the owner probably (and understandably) want the opposite. So these are my thoughts.
You have a beautiful looking stopover with basic facilities ie black and grey waste, fresh water tap. No EHU, which suits us, and you don't have the additional worry of how you charge for it.
So my wife and I are your potential market!
CAMpRA suggest £10/night based on a survey of 9000 members in 2020.
One thing in your favour is a pub nearby, and looking at your reviews on Search4Sites, your visitors love it, so you are doing a good job! One review on Park4Night, 4 out of 5.
I don't know what your occupancy rate is like and I don't know if you have black waste going into the public sewer or a septic tank. If the latter, where I live in Scotland, it probably costs £2 to £3 per cassette empty.
I think if you increase more than a nominal amount you will find visitor numbers drop off. If you go as high as £15/night we wouldn't come .......... sorry.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Of course location is key to pricing….
Yes it is.

Tonight about 5kms from Chenonceaux, walkable to the river and chateau. Boulangerie, characterie, mini market (Carrefour) 50m, local bar 100m, immaculate toilets facilities 100m, disposal of black and grey waste, fresh water, EHU on site. Cost - zero, nada, nothing!

It's not all rosy - I can hear the road, and the church bells (don't know if they will ring all night??).

This is the norm for us on our current trip, and so sadly everything back home - even cl's / cs's seem ridiculously expensive to me.

This trip will be 40 nights. At a very conservative £15 p/n back home that's our crossings and fuel pretty much covered. And let's be honest, theres no way it would average out at £15 p/n in the UK.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I am expecting to pay more for most things next year. Even a field must have expenses such as grass cutting, insurance, pit emptying, water charges, fence and gate maintenance………… The ones with EHU are likely to have even more significant price rises and I wouldn’t be surprised to find a few 16A circuit breakers being replaced with 10A or even 6A ones.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We had a few days to fill and used Search for sites. Found a lovely farm site for £6 with water and waste disposal, then moved on to £10 with electric which was actually £15 when we got there. As for quakers land, we love it. Unless you have visited, you cannot appreciate the lawn, and suitability of this site for a rally

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I am expecting to pay more for most things next year. Even a field must have expenses such as grass cutting, insurance, pit emptying, water charges, fence and gate maintenance………… The ones with EHU are likely to have even more significant price rises and I wouldn’t be surprised to find a few 16A circuit breakers being replaced with 10A or even 6A ones.
DONT MENTION THE GRASS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :crying:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A site we use regularly charge £10 without ehu and £14 with, this is a CS site which is very well kept.
We haven’t used hook up since April.

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
We recently paid £15 for a hardstanding pitch with ehu and own water tap at an excellent rural CS in Cornwall. Within walking distance of a good village pub.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
This year we did pay £22 for serviced pitch, hardstanding, immaculate site. Mostly we have been paying £17 or £18 for hs, elec, none serviced pitch.
I expect to pay £20 for similar next year. It seems newer CLs charge more than established. Presumably high cost of set up.
We are seriously considering enhancing our van system to allow more off grid sites.

Andrew B

Free Member
Sep 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Safe travels.
£12:50 is what I pay now at our 5-van site. No toilets/showers or electric. There is somewhere to empty your loo and there is a drinking water tap. I’m quite happy with this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back