Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There is the mother of all thunderstorms occurring over Calais ce soir - mon dieu. Our dog has her thunder shirt on and is seriously bricking it, despite herbal medication. Got absolutely soaked bringing the shopping back from Carrefour around 7:30pm Its now 2:35 am local time, the heat is oppressive and the thunder lightening and rain show no signs of abating. :eek:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
There is the mother of all thunderstorms occurring over Calais ce soir - mon dieu. Our dog has her thunder shirt on and is seriously bricking it, despite herbal medication. Got absolutely soaked bringing the shopping back from Carrefour around 7:30pm Its now 2:35 am local time, the heat is oppressive and the thunder lightening and rain show no signs of abating. :eek:
Been like that in Folkestone too.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I am near Saintes, wending my way slowly down, and the weather has changed a lot. It has been oppressively hot for a few days, last night there were a few drops of rain, then this morning it is 24C instead of 30C and does not look like warming up to the 35C that has been enjoyed/suffered the last few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Roy, that is one of my options, the other one I am keeping up my sleeve for the moment :)
Spoke to the c&cc site down there yesterday but you can't get off the site early, what's that all about. (n)
See you in Sees. :LOL:
Canterbury aire is great ,and its got all facilitis and a bus every 30 mins into the city Inc in the cost .

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Canterbury aire is great ,and its got all facilitis and a bus every 30 mins into the city Inc in the cost .
Safe travels Roy and enjoy your trip and have fun st Twin lakes it sounds a funtastic meet!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Roy, that is one of my options, the other one I am keeping up my sleeve for the moment :)
Spoke to the c&cc site down there yesterday but you can't get off the site early, what's that all about. (n)
Safe travels David and Sandra have a great time!! Sounds like an amazing fun meet ! Next year for us!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Safe travels Roy and enjoy your trip and have fun st Twin lakes it sounds a funtastic meet!!!
I leave tomorrow @Anthea M from Portsmouth to le Havre saves all that faffing about on M4, M3 M25 Etc. Just leisurely drive of 1 hr to docks and a nice meal on ship ,have a sleep and hey ho bonjour le Havre.:france::france::france:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Currently on the train under the Channel, be in calais in 15 mins. Overnighter St Canterbury aire£6, nice and flat in overspill area. See you in a week at twin lakes.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Opened the window of Moho about 1am so the pouring rain would cascade off it, went outside in my undies at Cité Europe and had a shower, damned heat don't you know! Itinerant or what!!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Safe journey down Roy. We are at Sees tonight then on to Twin Lakes tomorrow.
Don't empty the boulangerie of croissants. .Graham .I will be there on the 1st after stopping off at a shop in v Honfleur for my confit quacker legs .

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
If you are in the C&MC their site at Fokestone (Black Horse) has "Ferry Pitches" so you can leave at any time of the day or night.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Could someone please help by letting me know the best/closest place near Twin Lakes to fill up with gas. I am only 40 miles away now but my intended fill location has its GPL pump out of order when I checked yesterday.

BTW it feels cold this morning, though sunny, I am hoping for something better 40 miles south!

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Left Sees Municipal Site this morning heading to Twin Lakes. Lovely site however if you are staying there, make sure you lock everything up because some scroat tried to nick my electric bike off the back. Luckily they only undid all the ties but could not release the chain lock wrapped around it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Left Sees Municipal Site this morning heading to Twin Lakes. Lovely site however if you are staying there, make sure you lock everything up because some scroat tried to nick my electric bike off the back. Luckily they only undid all the ties but could not release the chain lock wrapped around it.
Did you inform reception Graham? ....I will arriive there tomorrow afternoon. Taking a slow cross country route from Honfleur..Roy

Reactions: JaG
Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years

If anyone wants an aire alternative in that sort of area for travelling down, I stayed in the aire at Fresnay-sur-Sarthe, just south of Alencon. It is free, on gravel near the old station, opposite a circus school (it was not open) and a Leader Price shop 1 minute away. Interesting countryside for a ramble too. Free water and dump. Downside is the presence of bins used by locals, but you can stay clear of them. Takes 10.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Now parked up at Britstops 146 just a few minutes drive from the Tunnel.
Booked on 7.20 crossing but may try for an earlier one if we can't sleep :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Due to arrive on Wednesday but could be delayed - currently stuck in standing traffic on the M11, not even made it to the horrible M25! Lol

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Good luck !! But its an easy drive to twin lakes. Will only take you 2 days from Calais if you're in a hurry .Roy
Last year we left on the Saturday about 4pm one overnight stop at Rouen, in the bar at 6pm at Twin lakes on sunday night, and that was towing the car, won't be taking car this year(y)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Did you inform reception Graham? ....I will arriive there tomorrow afternoon. Taking a slow cross country route from Honfleur..Roy
Yes please. They were closed when I left.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back