Eurotunnel France. (2 Viewers)

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
So exactly how many of these migrants with iPads are also members of Fun to be be offended by the comments posted??
So you think it is fine to call us barbaric because we do not share your views? Are you first in line for the mobile funsters food bank & hotel at Calais. I very much doubt it.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much her innocence to proclaim.
Firstly I suggested that the comments are barbaric not the commenters.
Secondly you are making assumptions about the ipads and membership of the migrants, When you ASSUME YOU MAKE AN ASS of U or ME, in this instance it's not Me
Thirdly YES I would be prepared to help, and you,

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
These people come from places where human life is worth little and practically nothing if you happen by accident of birth to be female, or belong to the wrong tribe. I doubt they would have any sympathy for us at all.

You mean like European tribes who have been killing each other for centuries?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I wonder, if some Funster suggest we all load our vans with food and clothing and drive overt Calais to park near the jungle and feed and cloth them and let them sleep in and use our vans facilities whist awaiting their change to get the UK,

I think anyone who is saying "poor desperate people, we should feel sorry for them and help them" should put their money where their mouths are and do exactly that. Perhaps when they smuggle themselves into the country the same people will put them up in their own homes and finance them?

I would be willing to bet that the grand total of people in the queue to do this would be exactly zero!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I think anyone who is saying "poor desperate people, we should feel sorry for them and help them" should put their money where their mouths are and do exactly that. Perhaps when they smuggle themselves into the country the same people will put them up in their own homes and finance them?

I would be willing to bet that the grand total of people in the queue to do this would be exactly zero!

Yup, lets see what the grand total might be this evening. Still zero I expect.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK

Don't measure others by thou own shortcomings

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't measure others by thou own shortcomings

Explain please?

And when you are there putting your money where your mouth is you may as well take a bit of a census. When you've done that and you can prove that these people have brought their families with them and are protecting them I will gladly apologize. If however, as I suspect you might, you find that the overwhelming majority of them are young men between 18 & 30 who couldn't care less about their families, evidenced by the fact that they have abandoned them in whatever hellhole they've run away from I will expect your apology.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I expect you get into lots of physical grief if you use this sort of rhetoric face to face down your local bowls club! Or do you only observe your holier than thou personal critique from behind the screen?

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I expect you get into lots of physical grief if you use this sort of rhetoric face to face down your local bowls club! Or do you only observe your holier than thou personal critique from behind the screen?
There you are WRONG again and still making wild ssumptions

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Explain please?

And when you are there putting your money where your mouth is you may as well take a bit of a census. When you've done that and you can prove that these people have brought their families with them and are protecting them I will gladly apologize. If however, as I suspect you might, you find that the overwhelming majority of them are young men between 18 & 30 who couldn't care less about their families, evidenced by the fact that they have abandoned them in whatever hellhole they've run away from I will expect your apology.
After being so Wrong you would only apologise, surely you could do more than that?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

I don't claim to be a decent person. Never have done.

My solution to this particular issue is simple. Round them up, using any necessary force, and give them a choice of being deposited either somewhere on the coast of Tripoli Bay or the most convenient place in Syria for our forces.

After being so Wrong you would only apologise, surely you could do more than that?

I would apologise to you if you can prove that you are correct about their reasons for being there. I still don't want any of them here so my solution above would still apply.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK

My solution to this particular issue is simple. Round them up, using any necessary force, and give them a choice of being deposited either somewhere on the coast of Tripoli Bay or the most convenient place in Syria for our forces.

I would apologise to you if you can prove that you are correct about their reasons for being there. I still don't want any of them here so my solution above would still apply.

WOW thank heavens above that most of mankind think differently to you

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I only started this thread to let people know what we saw at the Eurotunnel yesterday.
It's taken a different turn and it appears to me to be getting a little personal.
Just remember this is the Funsters forum.

Well done Tom, maybe we could ask those who make rude, barbaric and or personal comments to say what they do with their grey water on leaving a site?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Err, no I fully agree with him .
Well done Tom, maybe we could ask those who make rude, barbaric and or personal comments to say what they do with their grey water on leaving a site?
I take it with me.
:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Some seem to conveniently ignore this exodus was caused by us? and our past interference in Both Iraq and Libya.... Along with every other corner of the blooming world we could exploit and get away with it! They say you get the government you deserve eh....

In the words of Bob Dylan..Bring it all back home.

So just continue to blag on overreacting, the whole thread a discrace and a total overreaction to events of the ground and how motohomers are affected

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thinking about it my compassion has got the better of me & I think it would be best if the UK sent a large ship over for all & every illegal at Calais. That would placate the French & allow them to clean up .Then we just run them all back home.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thinking about it my compassion has got the better of me & I think it would be best if the UK sent a large ship over for all & every illegal at Calais. That would placate the French & allow them to clean up .Then we just run them all back home.

I'd go with that as long as the ship doesn't come back here with them.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Feisty posts!

Anyway, back to me, me, me and my selfish requirements please.......

Would the tunnel be okay for going out? (Hoping so, as if a migrant boards he/she will find themselves back in Italy pretty pronto!)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Feisty posts!

Would the tunnel be okay for going out? (Hoping so, as if a migrant boards he/she will find themselves back in Italy pretty pronto!)

Nothing else to do on a Friday afternoon (y)

You'll be fine with the tunnel both ways if you want to use it. The reports from people who have travelled back recently is that the car terminal is fine - you probably won't even see a migrant, never mind one close enough to jump on your van. They seem to be concentrating on the freight terminal.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Feisty posts!

Absolutely fine I think, when you get to the other side you are straight on the A16I doubt you would have any problem as there is littleton slow the traffic you could also take the first exit to City Europe and get off the main road. I would not worry about it.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Feisty posts!

Ignore the ranters... You will be fine unless another strike and consequential delays.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
THERE ARE DECENT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO WOULD HELP and those who prefer to hide away counting their own blessings who would help no one
These people don't need help. They have everything they need food and water and even by reports electric, somewhere to sleep but they want more, they want all that and draw our money as well, so when you go to help what are you going to do, all I can see is you will have to bring them over and give them a bed at your house.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They want to work and improve themselves in common with everyone else? An out vote will exasperate the situation as we will no longer have the benefit of border controls in France... Ukippers are foolish and laughable with the control our borders BS ...just be careful for what you wish for.

No real need for negotiations with Europe...the problem all of our own making! stop paying benefits without credits being accrued, like every other euro county. Our social security system encourages piss takers and its not fit for purpose. Leave school, get knocked up, straight on the dole and a free council house ...come on folks seriously!

Yeah blame the foreigners for all our self inflicted problems...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back