LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Any Dog that jumps up WITHOUT being invited to, WILL, get a clout from me so will any dog owner that raises a hand to me!

I disciplined an unruly DOG! Your comparisons to hitting a child are frankly hysterical nonsense, in fact a lot of these posts are just that, hysterical sentimental nonsense! The Dog was ill trained, (didn't like being chained up, it was barking and whining) it was obvious the dog owner was not in control of the ANIMAL!!
I wont say what happens to ANY dog that is found worrying stock because some of you will be needing smelling salts or a Packer Wacker!

I disciplined an unruly, ill trained, ANIMAL! Get over it! it's not the end of the world! The Dog had a short sharp lesson that it needed.

As you have quoted my comment, I shall respond. I have made no such threat to you. I don't expect a threat from you.

In your anger, you are getting confused. I made no such comparison.....

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
As an aside do people think that the age of chivalry is dead?
Ah, the age of chivalry! Ladies lowering their long plaits down a castle tower, so the knight in shining armour can rescue her from a life of hell! Or the WW1 fighter pilot, who refuses to shoot down his badly wounded foe, or even helping a dear old half crippled lady across the M6 at tea-time with her shopping..........(y)(y) Capital!

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
As we were leaving this morning I went into the office and explained about the dogs being off the lead and owners not being able to recall their dogs. They seemed genuinely annoyed by this and wanted as much info as I could give them. They said they would have a word with them. I got the feeling that this is not the first time they have had issues with some of these people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
As you have quoted my comment, I shall respond. I have made no such threat to you. I don't expect a threat from you.

In your anger, you are getting confused. I made no such comparison.....

Get over it! no names were mentioned! (rule 1) which I think you should read before you critisize the poster and not the post! I've let several snide remarks go by, because I think that a few posts on here including the ones that offer threats to my person are just products of deranged minds, over come with sentimental mush about mans "best friend"!
I am not angry! I am Peed off with all this hysterical nonsense about an ANIMAL, that needed a short sharp lesson which it got!
The owner of such also received his telling off , packed a sad and left much to the relief of the other "campers" that were starting to be severely Peed off with HIS ANIMAL carrying on

Get a life!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
What a smashing thread I've just caught up on, better than the Ken Follett I've just finished.

We were somewhat alarmed to see a pack of 3 Alsatians and a Rottweiler (I think) came chasing across a field and threatening to cross a deep drainage dyke towards us whilst we were walking our small dog a few years ago. They were completely alone and one made it across the dyke and whilst it was scrambling up our side I made stone throwing motions at the thing before it got any closer, if I'd found any stones they may even have hit the target. It backed off and returned to it's mates so we got away unscathed that time since when I carry a hefty walking stick with a brass handle. Any dog threatening us will always get clobbered before it gets too close to do any damage.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Deranged minds.. Shouting... Ranting hysterical... Someone is..

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
You start the post 'dog owners are strange people' and end it with 'you will not get them to accept any responsibility for their dogs behaviour', to me that's putting us all in the same group, a bit like me saying that everybody that wears a waistcoat is a Status Quo fanatic...

Nothing to do with the rant , Status Quo are playing live at Burghley House , Stamford ,Lincolnshire , in june this year and we have tickets(y)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Lol... Facebook quotes and sweeping generalisations aimed at winding up passionate dog owners isn't the best way to have a discussion.. But that's dogs for you.. Good job we're not talking about keyboard warriors and trolling.. That would be a great topic.

Almost all the dog owners contributing to this thread have agreed that owners have to be responsible for their dogs... They shouldn't run and jump up on people and should be tied up in sites... But still people are ranting. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve and can only assume it's an attempt just to wind people up.. Cause you can.

I only recently joined this forum, beginning to wish I hadn't, seems like it's a bit clicky, almost bordering on primary school playground stuff, I haven't seen any dog owner defend the fact that the dog was off its lead but apparently we're all the same

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't let this thread put you off Fun @Dave K, there will always be differences of opinion on certain core subjects like Cameron/Miliband, grey waste, club sites, aires, wild camping, gassing, A-frames, did I mention gennies? All part of Fun's rich pageant. :LOL:

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I agree with @Bailey58 , don't let this one thread put you off @Dave K ! There are so many thousand members on here you're not going to agree with/like everyone. The vast majority are amazing people, certainly the ones we have met at rallies/meets have been. You just need to decide which threads are worth arguing over and which are best left to those who want to squabble. There are those on here who most definitely won't let you have the last word! Lol! Leave 'em to it and find a more Fun thread!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
seems like it's a bit clicky
Wrong word Dave.......Its more a common sense sort of forum. You can get one person fighting three different sides over that number of threads at the same time. People writing in one thread may support another, making it look 'clicky' as you put it, but on the next thread their arguing! (y) Its all about truthful expression, within the rules, and not about 'click'.
Unless of coarse its someone having a go at ex servicemen/women.........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
A man in the American west near Yosemite wakes up one morning to find a bear on his roof. So he calls the Rangers and they give him a number to call for the right guy. He calls the number and the bear remover says he'll be over in 30 minutes.

When he arrives he pulls out a ladder, a baseball Bat, 12-gauge shotgun, and a mean heavily scarred old pit bull. "What are you going to do?" the homeowner asks.

"I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I'm going to go up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off the roof, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van."

He then hands the shotgun to the homeowner. "What's the shotgun for?" he asks.

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Wrong word Dave.......Its more a common sense sort of forum. You can get one person fighting three different sides over that number of threads at the same time. People writing in one thread may support another, making it look 'clicky' as you put it, but on the next thread their arguing! (y) Its all about truthful expression, within the rules, and not about 'click'.
Unless of coarse its someone having a go at ex servicemen/women.........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love debate but with adults, when you read someone telling another to 'get over it' and 'I'll do the same to the owner' because they don't agree with their view it's not a debate but a playground, and when you get people pressing the 'like' button on that post.....
On the plus side I enjoyed exchanging views with yourself....well apart from the planet ridiculous comment ;)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I agree with @Bailey58 , don't let this one thread put you off @Dave K ! There are so many thousand members on here you're not going to agree with/like everyone. The vast majority are amazing people, certainly the ones we have met at rallies/meets have been. You just need to decide which threads are worth arguing over and which are best left to those who want to squabble. There are those on here who most definitely won't let you have the last word! Lol! Leave 'em to it and find a more Fun thread!

I think you're right Gerri, thanks for the advice

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I love debate but with adults, when you read someone telling another to 'get over it' and 'I'll do the same to the owner' because they don't agree with their view it's not a debate but a playground, and when you get people pressing the 'like' button on that post.....
On the plus side I enjoyed exchanging views with yourself....well apart from the planet ridiculous comment ;)
Well Dave, you eat beans, you get to fart. You debate with me, you get to take a pinch of salt.....Most times. (y)

I love debate but with adults, when you read someone telling another to 'get over it' and 'I'll do the same to the owner' because they don't agree with their view it's not a debate but a playground, and when you get people pressing the 'like' button on that post....
Your not looking at that with the correct outlook mate. Its the *FUN* aspect coming through. OK, other forums out there, but non with the same atmosphere.....90% of what's said on here is, even if it looks 'childish', between friends. Not everyone meets everyone, of coarse, but people on here form strong friendships, between posts and PM, and the chat room. You read something that looks strong?? Read beyond it. :)
I was in hospital recently. I had OVER 400 messages of support, all from these amazing people. (y)(y) Even those who I politically argue with sent me PMs. You cant buy that sort of thing for £1000, never mind a tenner a year. :)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As an aside do people think that the age of chivalry is dead?

According to Wikipedia, which is always right: "Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is a code of conduct associated with the medieval institution of knighthood which developed between 1170 and 1220."

Given that the clocks weren't very good then, it seems to only apply for about ten minutes after mid-day.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Walking back from the beach early one morning at the forested aire at Biscarrosse-Plage, I espied two crusties from the aire's semi-permanent New Age Traveller contingent and a number of unleashed dogs heading my way. The dogs spotted me first, went into primitive pack mode and charged at me, barking. I didn't have much time to think about what I did so I stood very still and waited for the impact - running away would have put them into hunting mode. Fortunately they just ran around me and made more noise until the crusties shooed them away. A nonchalant 'Bonjour' and we all went on our way. Had any of those dogs jumped up at me I would have lashed out in self-defence - all dogs are ex-wolves with millions of years' hunting heritage when it comes down to it, and when the DNA kicks in anything can happen. Likewise, we humans also have a considerable hunting heritage (over 99% of our species' existence since the first use of tools), and when our DNA kick in we can get unpredictable too. If dog owners want us to be civilised with their pets, their pets need to be civilised too, otherwise as far as I'm concerned it's back to the Stone Age.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
UOTE]

"I' LL DO THE SAME TO THE OWNER"

Guess you are being a tad selective there , I was threatened, "do my dog and I'll do you!" sort of thing!

"because they don't agree with their view"

So what has the last 10 12 pages been all about? People not agreeing with my view, that an untrained ANIMAL got the short sharp lesson it deserved.

People pressing the like button are making choices irrespective if you agree with them or not!
OR would you rather have censorship?

Thats it! I leave you in politically correct world and wish a 1000 fleas infest your mutts that are sleeping all over your settees and knawing your furniture, sleeping on your bed while you feed your overweight slug Choccy drops and fillet steak then crapping all over your lawn or upchucking in your lounge!
May the heavens open each time you open your door, and may the neighbours cat crap in your flower bed.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

Fantastic, don't think that post requires a response, after all that's what you want being a knuckle dragger, you must be happy though, you've got a like

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Well Dave, you eat beans, you get to fart. You debate with me, you get to take a pinch of salt.....Most times. (y)

Your not looking at that with the correct outlook mate. Its the *FUN* aspect coming through. OK, other forums out there, but non with the same atmosphere.....90% of what's said on here is, even if it looks 'childish', between friends. Not everyone meets everyone, of coarse, but people on here form strong friendships, between posts and PM, and the chat room. You read something that looks strong?? Read beyond it. :)
I was in hospital recently. I had OVER 400 messages of support, all from these amazing people. (y)(y) Even those who I politically argue with sent me PMs. You cant buy that sort of thing for £1000, never mind a tenner a year. :)

I'm not so sure

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
In Morocco there are sometimes packs of stray dogs roaming around, would be no good talking to them they would not understand, you really would not want them to jump at you, is there a solution yes the gaurdians told us what to do, bend down as if to pick up a stone to throw at them and they will run away, which they did without ever having to throw one.
Shows even wild pack dogs know what not to do, so why owners do not to give a dog some basic training making life easier for the dog the owner and other people.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm not so sure

See Dave you are getting the idea ::bigsmile: No cliques just join in the banter / debate / fun , don't think the funsters know how to do a clique anyway :rolleyes:(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@Carol you're telling me this is fun, have I missed something?

Dave I was not referring to this particular thread but the forum has many fascists and given time you get to know who has things that interest you who you agree with who you don't, what I was trying to say in my clumsy way I don't see any clicques .

If you were referring to my post on Morroco no that was not fun it was fact.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Dave I was not referring to this particular thread but the forum has many fascists and given time you get to know who has things that interest you who you agree with who you don't, what I was trying to say in my clumsy way I don't see any clicques .

If you were referring to my post on Morroco no that was not fun it was fact.

No I wasn't referring to anything you've said Carol, it was a reply I got a few posts up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back