x230 heater blower not very powerful (1 Viewer)

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all.

Our x230 heater & A/C blower isn't very powerful. It makes all the right noises, suggesting the resistor pack is OK, and sounds as though it should be powerful, but it isn't.

I expect the fresh air route to be hindered by the gubbins that Hymer put over the air-intake (from where the scuttle panel used to be to behind a headlight) and, although re-circ is better, it isn't much. Using the lever that operates between re-circ and fresh air sounds as though the vane is behind the dash, so I can't see a blocked pollen filter causing the problem (which is behind where the scuttle panel was).

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks!

Peter.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Have you double checked an air duct behind the dashboard is not disconnected or crushed? I have seen both over the years

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Have you double checked an air duct behind the dashboard is not disconnected or crushed? I have seen both over the years
The poor performance is out of all the vents, and the bulk of the heating / fan / A/C system is a big plastic unit. Unless there are pipes inside?

The vents are all in the top half of the dash, which I really don't want to remove. I'll see what I can see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
I've taken the blower out and it appears to be working fine. Seems very strong at max setting. The flap to operate between fresh and re-circ air is operating as it should. Nothing looks untoward where the fan locates. Next inline of the blown air is the A/C exchanger, which looks in good shape.

Getting passed that looks tricky at best. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back