Rally Chat Wychwood Festival Meet, Cheltenham Racecourse May 2020 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Exciting news! :Grin::Grin: We have been talking to the organiser of Wychwood Festival https://wychwoodfestival.com/ about a possible Motorhome Fun Meet there next year & no promises but so far it's looking very positive. It will be probably be the end of this year before we know for definite but for now here's the date to pencil in your diaries - Friday 29th May - Monday 1 June 2020.
We like this idea not only because of the Festival but also the location with it being in within walking distance of Cheltenham too.

wychwood-festival-family-focused-itinerary.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was this years line up to give you an idea of what to expect:

Wychwood-Festival-2019-flyer.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Video of one of the 2019 headline acts - Scouting For Girls:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly it clashes with the thetford bash

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Put us down for this one if it comes off Karen. (y)

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I was staying on the race course CMC site last weekend whilst this was on. The festival and camping is in the centre of the track on the cross country course. I did look on line to see the cost of attending and i seem to remember it being around £150 for the weekend or £50 for one day, without the camping. There were a few people on the CMC site that were attending the festival.
Mike

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As festivals grow in size & standard of line up so do their prices - Wychwood will be in its 16th year, has a very good reputation & is held at a premium venue however we found that they had a well priced offer on tickets & camping online this year so we will do our best to negotiate a good deal for any interested Funsters for 2020 as think this could make for an excellent Meet.

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Video of one of the 2019 headline acts - Scouting For Girls:

This was the view from slightly nearer the front ?

IMG_20190531_225726.jpg

I was there working as a volunteer steward. Sadly not sure that I can make it next year though due to work commitments.

Paul

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was the view from slightly nearer the front ?

View attachment 308694

I was there working as a volunteer steward. Sadly not sure that I can make it next year though due to work commitments.

Paul
That looks like a gem of a volunteering role being so close to the live acts (y) What did you think of it as a festival & is it run well? PM me if you prefer.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you all for your interest & feedback so far :hi5: - I will start a list below so those who may be interested are notified with full info. if/when places are available:

Interested:
Wombles
cliffandger
Shazrick
Stagman
David and Sally
Electraglide
Old Rascal

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
That looks like a gem of a volunteering role being so close to the live acts (y) What did you think of it as a festival & is it run well? PM me if you prefer.
I was actually off shift at the time, just found it easy to get to the end of the crowd barrier.
It seemed a great festival, not massive, facilities all seemed good. Interesting that you weren't allowed to take your own alcohol or food into the arena but many people did, and bag checks weren't being enforced.

It's the first time I've been to this event and the site layout is different to previous years, the organiser has asked us for any feedback. There is also a CAMH site at the racecourse and I did hear someone complained that the festival was a longer walk from that site than it used to be! They're looking at how to reduce the sound spill between tents in the upper field, some of the best acts I saw were in the Hobgoblin tent.

What did you think?

Paul

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I might be interested in this, are dogs allowed?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I was actually off shift at the time, just found it easy to get to the end of the crowd barrier.
It seemed a great festival, not massive, facilities all seemed good. Interesting that you weren't allowed to take your own alcohol or food into the arena but many people did, and bag checks weren't being enforced.

It's the first time I've been to this event and the site layout is different to previous years, the organiser has asked us for any feedback. There is also a CAMH site at the racecourse and I did hear someone complained that the festival was a longer walk from that site than it used to be! They're looking at how to reduce the sound spill between tents in the upper field, some of the best acts I saw were in the Hobgoblin tent.

What did you think?

Paul
Thank you Paul - that's all really helpful info. We wanted to go but couldn't make the dates this year. Got to admit we prefer it when security is strict - we've been to one where every bag was checked & it ensured there was no glass so made it feel much safer (especially for children) than most but not as big a festival as this one so guess it may not be possible on a larger scale.
We often find it's the smaller local bands who are better than the headline acts so we always run around checking them all out!

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
One thing to mention for anyone thinking of going, is that the water taps aren't suitable for connecting a hose to. (They use the 'cows udder' style taps which can't be left on). I saw one van on arrival spend ages trying to get water in to his van via a hose. You can however easily fill a container or watering can.

There was a tank for chemical loo disposal, and caravanners used this for their grey waste, but there's no 'drive over' waste emptying for MHs.

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Please add me to the list please (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Interested Funsters :hi5: :
Wombles
cliffandger
Shazrick
Stagman
David and Sally
Electraglide
Old Rascal
Alfie159

If anyone else wants to be added to this list please let us know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wombles
cliffandger
Shazrick
Stagman
David and Sally
Electraglide
Old Rascal
Alfie159
Midland Nomads

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wombles
cliffandger
Shazrick
Stagman
David and Sally
Electraglide
Old Rascal
Alfie159
Midland Nomads
Dizzy Izzy

Suemar

Free Member
Jun 18, 2017
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis t 474
Exp
only recently purchased 1st motorhome
Interested please can you add us to the list.
Sue & Gareth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back