bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Anyone know whats under the rear roof trim? I suspect its the actual roof ?

Therefore if i were to mount a rear view camera on it, I’d not only be drilling a cable hole through the trim but also through the roof and then how do I ensure that the both areas are sealed? The factory fitted reverse camera is downward facing and shows on the stereo screen. Im not eager to start faffing about with that so i have fitted a screen that clips onto the rear view mirror and have spent a whole day routing the cable from front to back. It all works and will be on all the time to provide rear view when driving. I just need to workout the camera location ensuring i can get a good proper seal. Thanks

025246EF-81BC-4EEF-B307-852ED80BEA9E.png

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you taken out the downward camera to look through the hole? It might give you an idea of where you can route your new cable and also enable you to fit your new one just above it between the brake light and bottom of trim🤔

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
My camera is a nightmare to get the cable to it. The original one failed so I thought while I’m at it I’ll fit a twin setup. Ran the cable front to back easily, up the corner of the bathroom and across to the centre behind the vanity unit and that’s when the problems started. It’s nearly two feet from where I can get at to the outside with what seems like three or four “walls” to get through. A whole day to get it through 😳

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bridgedino

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My inside cable is now at the rear end, inside an upper cupboard and ready to exit to the outside. Just wanted to check and seek advice prior to getting my drill out

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back