Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
My old (16 years) Katherine HDP 170 has started playing up quite a bit now and what with all the swapping about with everything, I have been told if I'm in Southern Spain and Portugal I will able to get most UK channels if I invest in an S+F Maxview Target 85CM Twin LNB with aIntelsat 907 software and box ? any advice please ?

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
My old (16 years) Katherine HDP 170 has started playing up quite a bit now and what with all the swapping about with everything, I have been told if I'm in Southern Spain and Portugal I will able to get most UK channels if I invest in an S+F Maxview Target 85CM Twin LNB with aIntelsat 907 software and box ? any advice please ?
I907 only has about 10 channels, BBC1,2,4,bbc news, parliament, cbbc, cbeebies, itv1, c4, five, more4+1 - slightly less than "most"
Also, I907 is due to be replaced with I901 early next year, (once a few tests with I901 and a new powerpack are done) and although the "freeview back up system" at this location will probably continue, there is no certainty that the beams on I901 are the same as I907...so reception in South Spain / Portugal / Europe may change...

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I have the Maxview Target 85cm with Autoskew and twin LNB coupled to an Icecrypt SH 1600CHD receiver and can confirm that when we were in Spain in July and pointed at Intelsat 907 @ 27.5 West we could receive BBC 1 , BBC 2 , ITV1
Channel 5 , Channel 4 , Film 4+1 , BBC Parliament
and all the BBC radio programmes .
I contacted Maxview who sent me a file to add Intelsat 907 to the memory of the Target Satellite and purchased the Icecrypt receiver with the necessary Firmware from Jackson’s satellite

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back