What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Leaving right after work today so hopefully at 5.30 pm and going to visit Munchie Ken and Steph with spitfire !
Can't wait. Will stop for the night at the Camping Car Park Aire in Allassac, after about 2 hours and a half driving. Too tired to carry on! Had a terrible week with the gypsies at the stadium, noise, and cars coming and going up to 1 or 2 am :
so really really happy to go away !!!!!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Leaving right after work today so hopefully at 5.30 pm and going to visit Munchie Ken and Steph with spitfire !
Can't wait. Will stop for the night at the Camping Car Park Aire in Allassac, after about 2 hours and a half driving. Too tired to carry on! Had a terrible week with the gypsies at the stadium, noise, and cars coming and going up to 1 or 2 am :
so really really happy to go away !!!!!
See you all tomorrow hurrah

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Took Bertie to a Classic Car show in Lymm today. It was cancelled. Hey Ho, it was a nice drive anyway.
Got home just in time to watch the F1. Pleased with the result:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Bit of a lie in this morning as no set dog walk duties 😀
Fixed the loose hab door catch 😁 picnic in Smileo at the storage site ::bigsmile:
Watched F1 now watching last 40km of the TDF.
waiting for roast chicken 🍗 dinner.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
In 20 years of solo m/homing I've never toured in the U.K. or spent more than two or three nights max a couple of times a year (family gatherings) in this country as all my touring has been abroad.
Tomorrow I'm driving my m/h to near the New Forest to meet up with younger son and his current squeeze in their caravan for a whole 5 nights then up to Ilfracombe to meet up with elder son and DIL in their m/home for 5 nights. Having to book sites has been a culture shock. TBH apart from the pleasure of spending some time with them I'm really not fussed whether I go or not. Hopefully I'll be going abroad again soon.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Off to Shrewsbury for a lovely weekend catching with funster friends and hoping to make a few more.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
In 20 years of solo m/homing I've never toured in the U.K. or spent more than two or three nights max a couple of times a year (family gatherings) in this country as all my touring has been abroad.
Tomorrow I'm driving my m/h to near the New Forest to meet up with younger son and his current squeeze in their caravan for a whole 5 nights then up to Ilfracombe to meet up with elder son and DIL in their m/home for 5 nights. Having to book sites has been a culture shock. TBH apart from the pleasure of spending some time with them I'm really not fussed whether I go or not. Hopefully I'll be going abroad again soon.
Further to my earlier post above re. the planned trip............
I set off in my m/h on Monday 20 mins after my son and his caravan and after ten miles I spotted them coming back on the other side of the dual carriageway.
A text message from him advised that his Volvo had gone into Limp mode so he dumped the caravan back home and took the Volvo to our usual garage at 11 a.m. We therefore cancelled that night's CAMC site reservation.
The garage diagnosed a fault in one of the emissions sensors and ordered another for first thing next day (today) which would take max half an hour to fit. I offered to collect it but they said no prob as they would have it first thing and fit it straight away (today) so that we could restart our trip. My son phoned at 3 this afternoon and they said the sensor hadn't arrived but they should have it within the next half hour and would endeavour to fit it today.
I had arranged to join my son and his other half at the CAMC site for 5 nights to give him a bit of a break as his other half is disabled. We've now had to cancel tonight's reservation as well. I guess I'll get my knuckles rapped by the CAMC police for not giving them 72 hours notice. We hoped to add the lost days to the end of our current booking but the site will be full.
On the upside it's been pouring with rain for the past three days with thunder and lightning but it's supposed to be improving, plus we normally tour only abroad but at least his car broke down only 15 miles from home.

Jamspoon

Free Member
Jul 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria 640 SLX
Weekend in bromyard Hereford at c&mc site
Great pitch and weather. Not sure Saul enjoyed the sun as much...
Did you manage to fix your battery drain on your Adria ? New battery and you were all sorted or ..? I have the same van with same issue ...

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
" Cooks ! Birthday on the 4th.........Do you think she will buy me a present from her Prezzie money ?............ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::love:
Tea Bag

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Currently working our way from north Wales south, in Bala just now. Been an enjoyable trip so far, a week and a half in and another week and a half to go 😀

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Angry with myself.
Left site a day early.
Within 1 mile a bus took my wing mirror protector off with a right bang on a bend (mirror protectors work).
Went back to look for it. Doing a U turn in a narrow lane i reversed into a narrow gateway, pulling out i put the lock on too soon, yes you guessed it, a classic learner error, i took the back corner off the van. Thing is i said to myself don't turn too soon, i did. I said Golly gosh I've damaged the van, or words to that effect.

Hope when it goes in on Wed for the damp work they can get the panels to repair it.
Not going to bother with insurance, take too long to sort out.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Arrived at Thirsk Racecourse site on Friday, staying a couple of weeks with friends at the start of a 3 months tour that'll end at the Lincoln Show.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Did you manage to fix your battery drain on your Adria ? New battery and you were all sorted or ..? I have the same van with same issue ...
Hi
Well. It sort of resolved itself the dealer checked it and found no problems
We haven't stayed off grid yet this year but it seems to be behaving so far...

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In the middle of a muddy field at a motocross event, praying that it doesn’t rain anymore. ( front wheel drive and towing a trailer !!!!). Also hoping the eejit who arrived last night at 10.30 and put his generator on round the back of his van, but in front of mine until 11.15 runs out of fuel in it today. I accept he may have a crap battery and be running a fridge but at least stick it round by his own van.

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Helped out a couple getting married, been postponed many times due to covid. Car hire companies are expensive now so my son and I volunteered to drive the groom and best man. 8C0DE860-32D5-476F-9A14-080DAEA751EF.jpeg

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In the middle of a muddy field at a motocross event, praying that it doesn’t rain anymore. ( front wheel drive and towing a trailer !!!!). Also hoping the eejit who arrived last night at 10.30 and put his generator on round the back of his van, but in front of mine until 11.15 runs out of fuel in it today. I accept he may have a crap battery and be running a fridge but at least stick it round by his own van.
And this was the offending, terribly loud gennie. It ran out of fuel today :LOL:

Attachments

• E7A58D1B-0791-47BA-9C9E-E2A58AE88ADB.jpeg
    E7A58D1B-0791-47BA-9C9E-E2A58AE88ADB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Pop over and give it a good rev. That will blow the capacitor on the generator 🤫🤫

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
We are up north, on the Orkneys for 2 weeks with Pat the Newbie @
At Point of Ness campsite this week.
Now in the Royal Hotel for a few drinks.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Classic and vintage car racing at Oulton Park this weekend.................i think, if so will have 10 penneth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back