Water in gas locker (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Our A class leaks water into the gas locker under driver seat. I have fitted gutters strips over the drivers side window and the locker door which diverts some of the water away. I need to fit a diverter on the roof to stop it tipping down the side of the van. Any ideas folks. Plus cant find how its entering the locker the floors wet but walls seem dry!

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Dont think its condensation anbient temperature too warm at present imo. Not road water as only drove a mile to my house from storage and not raining. I park it nose down and water gushes off the roof down side window. I am going to dry it out and park the other way so water runs off the back and monitor it. If it stays dry i know thats the reason and will try to make diverter for roof out of upvc angle or similar.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it stays dry i know thats the reason and will try to make diverter for roof out of upvc angle or similar.
I fitted 1m of Fiamma drip strip on my passenger side to stop water flooding down the side.
IMG20210606161700.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
When chasing leaks on boats, I use talc around the edges of the locker/cabin as a simple method of determining where the water is entering. Give it a couple of days and you will see where the water has tracked across the talc.

Personally I would remove the gas cylinder to be absolutely certain it isnt condensation related, and also wrap some paper towel around the gas pipe to identify if the water is tracking down the pipe and entering that way.

Good luck, I know how frustrating leaks can be, but using the above has saved me lots of wasted effort over the years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back