Warranty Works Timescale (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
We have had to take our van back a week after buying it last year to get a diesel heating pipe re fixed. The pipe has come of again and I've also refitted myself before this time. I have contacted the dealer to advise that this has happened again and that it really needs new pipe work as the one in place is brittle and not securing well. They have said they may be able to fit us in for 7th June, failing that the next slot will be the middle of September.

I understand how Covid has affected operations but at the time they wanted the funds within a certain time frame when buying it and Covid was delaying our application for the money. No extension was given then but they are now saying due to Covid we have to like it or lump it. No consideration for the holidays we have booked and no heating or loss of deposits.

I understand how Covid has affected business but the dealer has a page full of sold vans that will be made ready for final handovers to new owners that will likely be a priority over service needs for older customers. Anyone else in this situation? if you need any work done please don't delay booking in. :mad:

Cheers

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
. No extension was given then but they are now saying due to Covid we have to like it or lump it. No consideration for the holidays we have booked and no heating or loss of deposits.
I'd say exactly that in an email and state that if it isn't rectified in a timely manner you will be claiming all and everything from them and if not paid promptly Straight in the small claims court.
In any installations we did between 5&10% was always retained by the customer for a period written in the contract of 3,6 or 9 months for 'snagging'. Should be the same for motorhome s

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Good old British service.........once you’ve sold ‘em something,leave them on their own,ignore them and hope they go away while we concentrate on selling another new van that’ll soon fall apart. Appalling really,but very common. :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
James-Alex

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Tell them you’ll get it fixed elsewhere and send them the bill...
They already hinted that an engineer contractor would need to attend. Would that be same day or another month later!! I doubt it would be the same day. I have asked them to arrange for me to take the van to the contractor and they could even give my space to another of there customers. Waiting to hear back from them about that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back