Rally Chat Warning Beds (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2019
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504
Exp
Since 2001
Writing this here as the Oakdale Bed Company use our shows to sell their abject products.
Several reviews and my own experience indicate their beds are unfit for purpose. Bedframe and lifting mechanism break and mattresses sink and collapse. Their reaction to a complaint is first to ignore customer, if one continues, they try to sell you an expensive replacement, then they blame you for the fault. The only thing that indicates good quality is the inflated price.
Stay away.

OP
OP
Machbuster
Nov 18, 2019
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504
Exp
Since 2001
Further to my warning post in February, I can now conclude this sad story with the following:

This company is best to stay away from.

Had four bed crashes and a mattress which became unusable as it sunk into a dip.

This was all within less than four years of usage, but approaching their warranty period of five years.

Through my many years of life I had several beds with elevation and several foam mattresses. I then wanted the best bed for the rest of my life, but ended up with this expensive, unusable, substandard product.

Oakdale’s first reaction was to ignore the complaint, then they tried to sell me something at inflated price, when that did not work they tried to blame the fault on me. When they finally turned up to rectify the problems, it was done to an unacceptable standard, and the problems reoccurred.

The boss, Andrew, whom I suppose is Andrew B. Evans, aka F. Garlic - the arriviste - dragged out all dealings, hoping the warranty period would pass. He will probably come up with other names when signing recorded deliveries, in order to protect his real name.

This Andrew replies to some of the negative reviews that he does not have any customer with whatever name on his sales list and believes this is a malicious and fake review from an angry competitor. I could then add that it would not surprise me if his positive reviews are from his cronies.

I took Oakdale to the small claims court, opted for mediation, as I did not have the energy to continue, so accepted a ridiculously meagre settlement. In the end I had paid almost £ 2,500 for an unusable bed and mattress.

When this Andrew got pushed into a corner with arguments, he started to threaten.

Their products are unfit for purpose and the company should be barred from trading.

- STAY AWAY -

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back