Victron Smart Solar - Use preset profiles? (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Hello.
I've just installed a 100w panel connected to a Smart Solar 75/10.

The sun is shining, but still fairly low in the sky as it's only 11am in mid-September, and I'm currently getting 65w out which I'm quite pleased with.

I've got the fairy rubbish Banner 72Ahr lead acid battery that came as new with the van out of the Auto-trail factory. I've therefore set the Victron controller onto the "Standard Lead" profile. Is there any benefit trying to tweak this with a custom preset? The Victron App seems to warn against this saying that the standard presets are suitable for most users.

Any thoughts, or am I best to leave well alone?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have 90% leisure/10% chassis from my panel.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hello.
I've just installed a 100w panel connected to a Smart Solar 75/10.

The sun is shining, but still fairly low in the sky as it's only 11am in mid-September, and I'm currently getting 65w out which I'm quite pleased with.

I've got the fairy rubbish Banner 72Ahr lead acid battery that came as new with the van out of the Auto-trail factory. I've therefore set the Victron controller onto the "Standard Lead" profile. Is there any benefit trying to tweak this with a custom preset? The Victron App seems to warn against this saying that the standard presets are suitable for most users.

Any thoughts, or am I best to leave well alone?

Thanks.
If you do not have a good understanding of bulk, absorption and float principles, together with data from the battery manufacturer including these and perkurt, plus charge efficiency then tweaking the standard settings may walk you down a wrong path.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
My Victron MPPT 100|300 has no standard wet lead acid presets, just gel ,agm, lithium and traction. Before I went over to lithium I had to user define a preset from the battery manufacturers spec sheet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
When I first connected I couldn't see a standard Lead Acid profile either (perhaps I didn't scroll down the list far enough) but it then automatically performed a couple of firmware upgrades and it's certainly one of the presets showing now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back