Vanguard s5 immobiliser and link to starter motor (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 14, 2021
Lymington
Funster No
MH
fiat sunliving S65SL
Exp
B class
Hi
I have at various times had trouble starting or restarting my Fiat Ducato Sunliving motorhome. When this happens the key turns but nothing happens. An AA man when called out said it is a sticky starter motor (when he turned the key several times consecutively it did start) so when it was in for a service I asked Adams Morey to look at it. They believe it to be something to do with the alarm / immobiliser but they said, as this is an after market fitting, they are not able to look at it.
When I bought this van, it was from Newark and is now out of warranty and as I live down south I’m not really wanting to go back up there for them to look at it.
Has anybody else had this issue and is there anybody in the south of England that you are aware of that would be able to look at this.
When you are pulling up at a campsite, you don’t want to turn the motorhome off in case it won’t restart again.
Thank you.

Jun 10, 2018
Funster No
Hey, if your van is one of the newer series 8 designs then it is definitely the immobiliser doing this, usually the immobiliser is cut in to the steering column but it when fiat did the newer designs for some reason this type of installation would cause the starter to overheat so you could start it cold then drive for a while but when you stopped it then won’t crank and have to leave it to cool before it will start again. If the vanguard is moving intelligence (phantom) then they became aware of this pretty fast and directed the immobilise to be cut in to a different line in the engine bay which stops this happening. If you ring MI and inform them then I’m sure they usually have fitters around the country they could organise to come out to you. Whether free of charge I don’t know as been a while since original install.
Hope that helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back