Underslung gas tank -- gas leak again (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2022
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2016
We have a 2019 van and for the second time we appear to have a gas leak from the tank under the van. I was wondering if others have found underslung tanks prone to leakage, or are we just unlucky.

The first leak 2 years ago was significant and we could small gas walking past the van, an hear it escaping. I turned it off underneath but it still leaked out until eventually it emptied itself. This time, I filled the tank 3 weeks ago and despite not using it since, it is down to 75% full, there is a faint whiff of gas under the van, so once again I have turned it off and will take it back to vantage tomorrow. Just a bit nervous if these are unreliable, we are heading to Norway in 3 weeks time and I really dont want a gas leak when we are there . Any thoughts much appreciated

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I think your just unlucky I've not heard many reports of leaks on underslung tanks
Might be worth some one to check the whole instalation as from your description it sound like it's the pipework rather than the tank it's self as you couldn't turn that ofg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
OutTheOffice
Apr 11, 2022
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2016
I think your just unlucky I've not heard many reports of leaks on underslung tanks
Might be worth some one to check the whole instalation as from your description it sound like it's the pipework rather than the tank it's self as you couldn't turn that ofg
Yes, i rather think we are unlucky as I cannot find any reference to similar issues in the search function. Hopefully it can be fixed tomorrow, along with the ceiling that has come down 3 times before !!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back