Two great stopovers this weekend (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Last night we stopped at the Keelman just outside Newcastle on Tyne right on the river and tonight we are at the the Chestnut Horse at Kelk just outside Driffield East yorks.
Not a moment hesitation when asked and both have big quiet car parks and great food. (y)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Good to hear that the Keelman does overnight stops. It used to be a regular lunch place for me as my office was just a mile away further down the river. It always had good food and friendly staff and glad that it is motorhome friendly.

Kath

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
At the far end of the carpark is an area of concrete grid work with grass growing through it as flat as a pancake and as I say the food was brilliant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes that's the one David, made us very welcome. The postcode drops you a bit early, head for the leisure centre and keep going right to the end, entrance on your right.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The menu looks lovely - and very reasonable prices if they're current.

But a lot of people might miss a dessert ?????? Can't see any mention of such things, let alone a pudding !

M

Madwife

Deleted User
The staff there were always very friendly. If you have your bikes with you it's also a good spot for a nice cycle run out to Wylam and back following the coast to Coast cycle path.

Kath

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We're thinking of heading out in a couple of weeks might give this areas a go,

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Don't worry there were puds available not that I partook of any mind, me wanting to keep my racing snake physique in shape. :LOL:

There were cyclists setting off when we were getting ready to leave this morning, really stupid thing to do that. GET AN ENGINE! :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back