Truma inet with Alde 3020 panel (1 Viewer)

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
Looking for some help please
Dealer just fitted inet box to my van , with intention of using the Truma App to operate the heating and hot water etc.
The 3020 panel states its inet ready so I thought I’d have it. I also intend to fit aircon in the future and link it to the inet system.

Having got home I’ve loaded the Truma App , set up the Bluetooth and inserted the SIM into the inet box. Followed the app set up system and all worked ok.
All seems to set up ok with Bluetooth and the gsm.
Problem is the app won’t detect any devices so despite it all being fitted and set up I can’t actually use it to operate the heating and water as planned.
Power is connected to the inet box and there is also a cable connected to the “Tin” socket on the box.
I attach a photo

Anyone got any experience of fitting or setting these things up. Am I doing something wrong ?
I’ve also emailed Truma and the dealer but thought there might be a funster out there who can help
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 64D099BE-48DE-4896-9DD5-D80A259F50BB.jpeg
    64D099BE-48DE-4896-9DD5-D80A259F50BB.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 147
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I'd be more inclined to speak to Alde on Monday morning if no one on here can help,I'm sure they'll talk you through it,always very helpful. (Alde and Truma owned by the same person,hence the link up)

01933 677765

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
I'd be more inclined to speak to Alde on Monday morning if no one on here can help,I'm sure they'll talk you through it,always very helpful. (Alde and Truma owned by the same person,hence the link up)

01933 677765
Thanks very much for the tel number. I will ring them on Monday if I don’t get anything from this forum. Thanks again. Russ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I fitted mine the weekend, Alde 3020 iNet ready control panel with the iNet box and giff gaff sim, i had some teething problems at the start which sounded like yours i.e. cant find devices but then i realised i had fitted the iNet box and connected one end of the cable to the Alde heating system but forgot to plug the other end into the iNet box itself. Once i did this it all clicked into place, had to do a firmware update to start as it wanted this to be able to continue but now all working. I believe the old Alde Smart control was linked to the actual control touch panel but this truma iNet box doesnt. it connects directly to the Boiler itself just with a 12v supply and 3amp fuse.

Some say not worth it but for me it is more about convenience than what you can do manually or i am just being lazy :)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi
Looking for some help please
Dealer just fitted inet box to my van , with intention of using the Truma App to operate the heating and hot water etc.
The 3020 panel states its inet ready so I thought I’d have it. I also intend to fit aircon in the future and link it to the inet system.

Having got home I’ve loaded the Truma App , set up the Bluetooth and inserted the SIM into the inet box. Followed the app set up system and all worked ok.
All seems to set up ok with Bluetooth and the gsm.
Problem is the app won’t detect any devices so despite it all being fitted and set up I can’t actually use it to operate the heating and water as planned.
Power is connected to the inet box and there is also a cable connected to the “Tin” socket on the box.
I attach a photo

Anyone got any experience of fitting or setting these things up. Am I doing something wrong ?
I’ve also emailed Truma and the dealer but thought there might be a funster out there who can help
Thanks in advance
I wonder if they have plugged it in the wrong way as your iNet box is next to your control panel where as mine is next to the boiler itself as this is where it needs to be connected to, see post above.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am a bit confused (as usual). The photo shows you have an Alde heating system, not a Truma. Can a truma box work with the Alde system?
It can indeed but it doesn’t connect to the control panel like the previous alde smart device. It actually connects to the boiler in the spare tin port then back to the inet box. From the pic attached unless the boiler is next to the control panel I would say they probably connected to the tin port on the control panel instead.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks everyone . All the posts were really useful.
Despite being told by the dealer that they connected the inet box to the boiler , it turns out they did indeed connect it to the Alde panel.as some have said , this is wrong . Van back with the dealer having it correctly fitted !
Thanks again.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Thanks everyone . All the posts were really useful.
Despite being told by the dealer that they connected the inet box to the boiler , it turns out they did indeed connect it to the Alde panel.as some have said , this is wrong . Van back with the dealer having it correctly fitted !
Thanks again.
I was hoping they hadn’t but they put the inet box right next to the touch panel which unless your boiler was near there was little chance it was correct. I would be worried to let them near it again if it were me as they should know this if they were competent. If they had done that to Me I would be very peed off as my control panel is in full view and having 4 holes on show would not go down well. Hopefully yours is hidden

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
I was hoping they hadn’t but they put the inet box right next to the touch panel which unless your boiler was near there was little chance it was correct. I would be worried to let them near it again if it were me as they should know this if they were competent. If they had done that to Me I would be very peed off as my control panel is in full view and having 4 holes on show would not go down well. Hopefully yours is hidden
Hi, yes thankfully the panel is in a small cupboard so not on display in full view . Still pretty peed off though , as they should have done it correctly in the first place. I’ve told them they need to colour match some wood filler for the holes.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi, yes thankfully the panel is in a small cupboard so not on display in full view . Still pretty peed off though , as they should have done it correctly in the first place. I’ve told them they need to colour match some wood filler for the holes.
Lets hope they get it right this time. On a plus note it does work well and now I can check status of electric along with a host of other settings and set it to alert if say it loses ehu which would of proved handy when I had a issue last year with home electrics tripping. It’s more a nice to have really as I doubt I will use it to much when away as will be in the van, but when at home it is useful and saves me keep going out to the van to check everything.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
How did it go, did they fix it and is it working? I have found it very useful to be able to do the heating remotely when not using the MH :)

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
South Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2013
How did it go, did they fix it and is it working? I have found it very useful to be able to do the heating remotely when not using the MH :)
Hi.
Yes , the panel has now been moved to the correct place and it works on bluetooth.
Waiting for a new SIM card to fit as the “3” one I preferred doesn’t work on 2g !
Now ordered a PAYG from o2.
Hopefully will all work then ...... hasn’t been the best of starts though.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi.
Yes , the panel has now been moved to the correct place and it works on bluetooth.
Waiting for a new SIM card to fit as the “3” one I preferred doesn’t work on 2g !
Now ordered a PAYG from o2.
Hopefully will all work then ...... hasn’t been the best of starts though.
Great, at least now you can start using it. I did do a bit of research before choosing my sim and i went for giffgaff which is of course o2. This works on 2g and at present i have just topped it up with £10 and not chose a plan so it only charges me for what i use. I will ensure i send at least 1 text a month to keep it active but to be honest i am currently using it a bit more but thats because it is new :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back