Truma Combi 6E CP PLus Ready (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Funsters, I think I may have a heating problem but I am not too sure, hence the post.

We have been touring round France for the last 8/9 weeks and over this time have noticed, on occasion, a 'burning' smell when the hot water option is selected. Having read a few threads I believe the 'smell' can be an added feature of said device. However as we have a couple of months of warranty left, I plan to speak to Truma in case there is an underlying problem.

Before I phone Truma I want to confirm that any error codes will be shown on the 'CP Plus display' rather than on the boiler display. If they are displayed then I don't have any, hence my thought that this is an added feature! We do get hot water and heating so no problem on that front, hence my conundrum!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I've had same on the very odd occasion..
but other than that... no issues...
so i stopped worrying about it...

Btw... i've occupied mine f/t for last 12 mths... in UK... so truma gets some stick!

Edit: but I am rarely on EHU... so run mostly on gas...

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
So I contacted Truma explaining the issue and the reply is below:-

It is not unusual under certain conditions for the Truma Combi Boiler to emit hot odours from the duct outlets.

There are several reasons why this may occur.

When used on ‘’Summer’’ setting (water heating only) very high temperatures are created within the boiler, natural convection can take place which causes cool air to be brought in via the low level ducts causing high temperature air to convect through the high level ducts at a very slow speed raising the ducting temperature.

Any dust or debris that may be in the duct and plastic materials in close proximity to the duct become hot and can cause an odour.

When used on ‘’Winter’’ setting (blown air heating) the temperatures are much lower within the boiler and ducting therefore it is less likely to experience the hot odour issue.

Although these odours are normal should you experience any excessive odours please have the Combi inspected by your Truma service centre.

I think I will pop into a service center on the way home just to be on the safe side - what does excessive mean?

Does anyone have any experience of a French Service center - failing that I can probably get it in to Derby at some point or does anyone know a good Scottish Service Center?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back