Tracker using Asda mobile Sim. Network change. (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I have a Streetwize tracker hardwired in the MH.

It uses an Asda payg sim installed a couple of years ago. I put £5 credit on it and the sim deducts 4p each time it sends me a text.

I routinely test the tracker by sending a text from my phone and the tracker sends me a text back with a Google maps link and location.

This months test text from my phone did not receive a reply so switched the tracker off and on again, sent another text and still no reply.

Began to suspect I may have run out of credit so contacted Asda mobile online and found out that they have switched networks from EE to Vodafone in mid September.

As I had not created an online account with Asda mobile, they had no way of contacting me to let me know of the change of network.

New Asda sim now on it's way to me.

Just thought it worth posting this on the small chance anyone else may be in the same position.

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Quick update to this thread....

Created an Asda online account using old number.

New Asda sim arrived on Friday. Fit it into the tracker Saturday AM.
Logged on to my Asda account and changed to new number. Advised that migration would take place today, Monday.

This morning logged on to my Asda account found out that they had migrated the number and even transferred the £3.56 credit from the old account as well as adding a new 10gb bundle (not that I can use it in the tracker!!)

I was expecting to have to change the APN settings etc for the new network but chanced sending a 'locate' text to the new number. A few seconds later received the reply text with the Google maps link.

I was anticipating a few ' head scratch moments' but the operation was quite seamless.

Well done Asda mobile (y)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Thanks for this info. I too have a cheeeeep tracker which has worked wonderfully over the last couple of years but found last month it did not send a reply to my call. Now I too will need to sort it out. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back