TOWBAR (1 Viewer)

Paddy3545

Free Member
May 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Anyone had towbar fitted to T7057EBL model? Wondering if it’s a straightforward fit or does it need extra work etc TIA

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
I'm awaiting a reply from ALKO, so far my research has proven a little troublesome and I know the answer is going to be in excess of £1k. It needs major support steelwork although rated to pull up to 2 tonne. I had one fitter quote me £865 and I found out subsequently that had I allowed him to go ahead what he proposed was completely wrong and would have invalidated the warranty. Thankfully another vendor put me onto Memo Holland UK supplier who advised me of the rights and wrongs and so ended up emailing ALKO for the 2nd time who it seems do not put a great deal of emphasis on customer support.
Check the ALKO website: https://www.alko-tech.com/uk/towing-hitches
I'll let you know of the outcome unless you know anything that differs and have a solution?
Archie

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Anyone had towbar fitted to T7057EBL model? Wondering if it’s a straightforward fit or does it need extra work etc TIA
Hi

did you get a towbar? We are looking at a Dethleff t7057 and I was wondering what chassis it has and if extra steel work is required in the fit? Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Yes, but not from ALKO who IMO are very poor to say the least with regard to customer support and or service. I bought a MEMO unit from Holland supplied here in the UK. Google MEMO. Your motorhome does not have an ALKO extended chassis. It has two Sowitko extension rails.( subsidiary Company of ALKO based in Poland). These need to be removed to enable the towbar kit to fit. However the towbar kit does not support the floor of the rear section thats what the extensions rails are for. The fitter needs to refit these rails and secure them to the floor and the towbar. If you look under the rear of the van you will see these. The left rail has the product sticker.

Hope this helps.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
ok thanks, I will be getting someone to do it for us, just glad it can be done.

Am I right in thinking the chassis extensions are on the vehicle but need refitting? or purchased extra?

Just out of interest where about is your fresh water tank situated?

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
The extensions are part of the build so in situ already. Therefore not required as an additional purchase. The water tank is in the garage under the beds. I take it from that question you do not yet possess the motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
No going to view soon depending on sale of current van hopefully just pricing up all the extras needed.

Shame the water is at the rear that must take up a fair amount of weight from the usable garage space. Looking at the EB version though so not sure if that will differ slightly from yours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back