Totally Brilliant To Get Back To Some Free Loading... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
With my increasing lack of fitness, coupled with the idyllic setting of my little Portuguese orchard where I have everything a motorhomer could ask for (water) my own borehole), electric (solar), shade, sun, in easy reach of small supermarket and an on site pool (Intex above ground), I haven't really been away much recently.

However, a couple of days ago I set off for a short trip to the beach at Pedrogão to meet my Portuguese family for a dinner.

It was fantastic to once again be pootling along unknown roads in the sunshine.

Traffic was quite heavy... I saw at least four lorries and half a dozen cars on the 85 km journey.

On arrival at one of the several beach car parks, I stopped and joined Mosca and Rosa in a local cafe just across the road.

20210805_113449.jpg

After coffee, a coke, a (small) burger and waffle with ice cream, I had a little siesta and then went out for the evening meal.

Not actually knowing where I would settle down for the night took me back a few years to when I spent much more time on the road wandering about.

In the end I stayed put and enjoyed a peaceful (but quite warm) night.

20210805_113538.jpg

I woke relaxed, stress free and cooked a couple of sausages and an egg for breakfast and started thinking about what I should do next.

In the end, not wanting to intrude on my friends' holiday, I decided to set off back towards QMJ and explore on the way.

There was a lake side park up possibility with a cafe and no nearby residents but there were quite a few local families enjoying the location so I moved on.

In the end I arrived back home mostly because I was a tad warm and needed cooling off in the pool.

Although it was a very short mini adventure it did underline just how wonderful motorhoming can be with its exciting freedom and flexibility.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back