Thetford N3080 Not cooling (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2018
Bordon, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
Looked in various posts but it seems people have either a problem with gas or electric not working , but not both. While on EHU I can switch the fridge on then after about 7 seconds it goes off and all the lights flash. Tried using it on gas , it lights fine and heat comes out of vents and burners can be heard roaring away. But the fridge does not chill at all . The fridge is about 18 months old, I have tried turning everything off for 48 hours but the same problem occurs. I was a Chef by trade and a Driving Instructor so please keep answers simple , like me . Thanks

OP
OP
Dave.r
Jun 1, 2018
Bordon, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
Unfortunately bought it online from the Wirral,I live in Hampshire and the van is sorned at the moment. But thanks anyway .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Unfortunately bought it online from the Wirral,I live in Hampshire and the van is sorned at the moment. But thanks anyway .
It should be under Thetford's warranty. They have service places all over the UK, and should be able to get a mobile fitter to go to wherever you are. Suggest you give them a ring and see.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Is it on level ground?
On the inside are the cooling fins, they are "stuck" to the main cooling system.
If the paste between them dries out it can stop the transfer of coldness to the fins.
That suggestion is an overall reason, not peculiar to whether gas or electric.
The paste is readily available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave.r
Jun 1, 2018
Bordon, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
Jev 88 it’s also in an R reg Impala. All the lights flash , on off switch flashes red , source symbol flashes and 5 bars indicating settings all flash .

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You may have another problem in that your 240v element may be faulty hence the shutdown.
I suggest you disconnect the connections and apply a meter on "ohms" across the leads to look for continuity. The leads as shown AC Heater

1589482430874.png

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back