colleen murphy

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
Our Fifth Wheeler is 11 years old and we have been living it in full time for nearly 3 years. Last weekend the freezer defrosted completely and the fridge was warm. There was no error number showing on the screen. Thankfully there wasn't tons of food in the freezer and I was able to cook and use all the meats. We left the fridge running (on electric as always) and the next day the freezer and fridge were working again. However, all week the temperature has changed intermittently: some days warm and others back to cold. Anyone with any ideas? ?
Thanks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Odd one this, may just be a bad connection on the thermostat. Normally when they fail on electric there's no recovery. Sorry can't be of more help, when I had similar it stayed off and it was a failed element that was the problem.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You might try running it on gas for a few days. If it's still the same I would suspect the thermostat. If it works normally there would seem to be a problem with the heating element, although you'd normally get a fault indication. Or maybe an intermittent problem with the hookup voltage?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back