Tesco Mobile - Contacting Fiat Assist (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
I had reason to try and contact Fiat Assist and was unable to do so - Here is explanation from Tesco - which is fine just the wrong time to find out!! Anybody else experienced this and what is the best overall coverage in the UK - I think it is EE? I am not sure if anyone has Smarty for calls - I have it for my wifi so maybe that is the way to go?

1624200908379.png

Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
By coverage, do you mean signal strength or geographical coverage. My understanding is that EE have the best signal strength in most places (but can cost more) whereas Vodafone users sometimes have signal where others don't. However, I don't think either would have solved your problem with Fiat's international number.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davej0355
Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
By coverage, do you mean signal strength or geographical coverage. My understanding is that EE have the best signal strength in most places (but can cost more) whereas Vodafone users sometimes have signal where others don't. However, I don't think either would have solved your problem with Fiat's international number.
Thanks - you make very good points - For sure this would not have solved the issue but we are at least aware. Regarding coverage vs signal I guess i am looking at any strength - we also live in a poor reception area we have signal but my wife cant even call me from inside the house when i am outside (Nothing to do with me -LOL!)

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Didn’t work on the 3 network when I tried ringing Camper Assistance last week. Needed to use our good old fashioned landline. 🤷‍♂️

Signal strength didn’t come into it I’m afraid. (y)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
Thanks - you make very good points - For sure this would not have solved the issue but we are at least aware. Regarding coverage vs signal I guess i am looking at any strength - we also live in a poor reception area we have signal but my wife cant even call me from inside the house when i am outside (Nothing to do with me -LOL!)
We have the same problem - our mobiles don't work in the house. It's a real pain having to run down the drive to get the code for 2-step verification! In our case though it's not entirely O2s fault; when we built the house we went all eco and had cavity insulation installed which has an aluminium layer on one side so effectively we live in a Faraday Cage! The little display thing that came with the Smart Meter doesn't work properly either :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We have the same problem - our mobiles don't work in the house. It's a real pain having to run down the drive to get the code for 2-step verification! In our case though it's not entirely O2s fault; when we built the house we went all eco and had cavity insulation installed which has an aluminium layer on one side so effectively we live in a Faraday Cage! The little display thing that came with the Smart Meter doesn't work properly either :(
Similar thing happens in Supermarkets occasionally due to all the aluminium ducting and pipe work lagging and insulation.
Damned annoying when need to contact SWMBO as to which brand needed when out of stock of regular one.
As a matter of interest I am on Tesco mobile and last week for some reason all calls seemed to be having problems, admittedly UK calls not international.
High weather temperatures perhaps?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davej0355
Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
We take for granted 99% the time. As the hair gets greyer, the more frustrating it gets. Time for another drink 🍻👍

Upvote 0

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
I had reason to try and contact Fiat Assist and was unable to do so - Here is explanation from Tesco - which is fine just the wrong time to find out!! Anybody else experienced this and what is the best overall coverage in the UK - I think it is EE? I am not sure if anyone has Smarty for calls - I have it for my wifi so maybe that is the way to go?

View attachment 508683
00800 is a Universal International Freephone Number, it’s a pretty long in the tooth product that wasn’t actually very universal even in it’s heyday! In theory you can dial the number from any participating country, in practice it was such a ball ache to setup and bill that it got marginalised very very quickly by the fixed Telco’s and Mobile Operators even quicker. Always better to dig out a geographic number if one is available.
Rgds
Jim

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back