Free Member
Jul 4, 2023
Falmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Tramp 554CL
Exp
About 20 years
The tambour door on our Tramp 554 has come off its fixings - has anyone had any experience of how to fix this back into position.

OP
OP
N

NickVick

Free Member
Jul 4, 2023
Falmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Tramp 554CL
Exp
About 20 years
The tambour door on our Tramp 554 has come off its fixings - has anyone had any experience of how to fix this back into position.
No picture at present but have seen the same problem with 'Porridge Oats' June 3 23, and their picture is exactly the same as our door.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
On and off for over 35 years
I unscrewed the top guide rail and moved the guide and door inward to allow more room for the door and top guide pins to slot in.
Once everything was in place, I carefully moved the the door including the guide rail back into position then screwed the guide rail back in place.
I am still not sure if the top guide pins should hold the weight of the door, they don't on mine. All the door weight is supported from the bottom guide rail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I used silicon spray on the top and bottom channels of ours. It moves as if floating on water now.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I unscrewed the top guide rail and moved the guide and door inward to allow more room for the door and top guide pins to slot in.
Once everything was in place, I carefully moved the the door including the guide rail back into position then screwed the guide rail back in place.
I am still not sure if the top guide pins should hold the weight of the door, they don't on mine. All the door weight is supported from the bottom guide rail.
Different on mine then , all the weight was supported from the top.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NickVick

Free Member
Jul 4, 2023
Falmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Tramp 554CL
Exp
About 20 years
Thank you for all the replies - will attempt to unscrew the guide rail and replace the top guide pins, they do not seem to hold the weight of the door which means that during use the door pulls away from the guide pins. We are going to try the 'nuts and bolts' to the guide pins through the door. This has been the only disappointment with our Hymer van (we purchased it only two months ago), everything else is working fine. Will keep you updated as to if this is successful.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back