Surely this mountain m/bike ride is a hoax/fake filming? (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I never normally repost stuff but this was posted on a m/bike club website and it's so extraordinary (unbelievable) to me that I can only assume that somehow it's been faked.
I actually felt a bit sick whilst watching it.

Looks fake to me, when the girl dropped the bike going up hill around a tight turn 3 of them picking the bike up and no one had their hand on the front brake, no struggling and no wheel spins.
You would also think they would be very light on the front with that load on the back.

OP
OP
Spriddler
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes Coastal Cruiser. I thought exactly the same, especially the guy loaded up with wide sacks. My toughest 'off-road' experience apart from trials riding is rough Pyrenean and Ardennes mountain tracks fully loaded with camping gear and that was pretty hairy, but nothing like that appears to be. Clever filming though. I'd prefer it to be faked or I'd feel very inadequate as I would never ever have the nerve to attempt that sort of ride loaded up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I do recalll a TV programme last year that showed a good number of riders on this route they appeared extremely confident l on the other hand was expecting one of them to go over the edge.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Pah, I'd ride up & down that track on my unicycle - easy peasy?

That would be on my mountain unicycle - muni for short (& no I'm not kidding, we really do mountain unicycling

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It is - look for the horizon in the background, tilt your head accordingly and it doesn't look half as bad - relatively.....?
I think the same. It's hairy enough without all the camera-tilting. I don't think it's anything more sophisticated than simple camera angles.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I posted this video on a thread about 3 weeks ago....

Broken Link Removed

If you go down to #29 it is there. One of a series made by Lotus Coffee for YouTube about life in a Himalayan?? village. Some nice short films. :giggle:

OP
OP
Spriddler
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
If you go down to #29 it is there. One of a series made by Lotus Coffee for YouTube about life in a Himalayan?? village. Some nice short films. :giggle:
Ah, thanks. I don't often look in to The U-Shaped Lounge pages.

I could never visit those places, scary isn't the half of it, especially the scaffolded and crudely staked and roped heights. I can't even go on a theme park roller coaster as the engineer in me visualises design flaws and constructional incompetence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back