Suggestions for camera bag in motorhome

Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
Evening all. We are new to motorhoming, as we only picked up our Benimar Mileo 202 a couple of months ago.
We have traveled extensively in our Land Rover Discovery and I always kept my DSLR kit close to hand in a Tamrac bag stored on the centre armrest (th back was kitted out with expedition gear).
I have downsized all my kit and have invested in 2 Olympus OMD EM-1 Mk2 bodies and a variety of pro lenses. I like to have a camera handy so that SWMBO can snap as we travel and have easy access to the remaining kit for when we stop somewhere pretty.
I still have a few different bags, but I wondered if any of you have come up with the 'ideal' storage solution for a motorhome?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starlet 2
Exp
Could you make a box that will go between the two front seats? make it strong enough to take your weight then you won’t have to move it. Bolt it to the floor put a lock on it it will act as a night safe as well. For passports etc. That’s what I intend to do during the winter.

OP
Ralph Hardwick
Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
Our front seats swivel and form part of the lounge, so we need to keep the gap clear. Nice idea though :D

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Gaz is a very keen photographer, maybe he can give advise because he has lots of gear, 🤔 😉 infact far too much for his lovely little wife Julie to carry, but she only has herself to blame because she buys it for him. 🙄😂 Bob.

DBK

Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have a cheap man-bag with lots of zips and compartments but mostly my camera stuff, also Olympus, lives in a small rucksack so it is ready to be taken with me on walks. When we are travelling it sits behind the driver's seat. When we stop it goes in front.

May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
My husband is a keen photographer and he too has a Tamrac bag. It sits in the footwell to the left of the steering column when driving or parked up. It’s always to hand.

OP
Ralph Hardwick
Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
Thanks for all the suggestions. It sounds like there’s plenty of variation, so it looks like I’ll just have figure it out myself😀

Otter Spotter

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
As a long term photographer I have founded that there are so many bags to choose from that any suggestion may not suit you, firstly will the bag be used to store all your kit in the van or will it be used to carry your expected kit that you may be taking out with you? Different sized bags, do you want a satchel or back pack ? Do you walk a lot with your kit, maybe a Lowepro with back opening.
Can I suggest you call at a Wex store where they have a great selection to choose from.

I have had a secret compartment built under a step for security so I don’t bother with a bag at all now

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Narrfoook
Funster No
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Evening all. We are new to motorhoming, as we only picked up our Benimar Mileo 202 a couple of months ago.
We have traveled extensively in our Land Rover Discovery and I always kept my DSLR kit close to hand in a Tamrac bag stored on the centre armrest (th back was kitted out with expedition gear).
I have downsized all my kit and have invested in 2 Olympus OMD EM-1 Mk2 bodies and a variety of pro lenses. I like to have a camera handy so that SWMBO can snap as we travel and have easy access to the remaining kit for when we stop somewhere pretty.
I still have a few different bags, but I wondered if any of you have come up with the 'ideal' storage solution for a motorhome?
I tried a few different bags whenI moved over to the Nikon
I found the Optex Photomate SP500 best suited my needs.. Its a semi rigid case so can take a knock while still protecting the camera and lenses

1571039827092.png

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers